Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best of LMAD & Price?  (Read 1672 times)

gamed121683

Best of LMAD & Price?
« on: April 20, 2020, 09:28:08 PM »
Well, it looks like starting next week, CBS' soap operas will be going into SoapNet mode and playing some old school reruns of Y&R and Bold & The Beautiful for the foreseeable future.

https://tvline.com/2020/04/20/young-and-restless-last-new-episode-final-original-reruns/

Makes one wonder, you think CBS will do the same with their game shows once they run out of their pre-Corona taped shows?

chad1m

Re: Best of LMAD & Price?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 11:49:50 PM »
The difference here, I think, is that one is a set of serial shows while the others are standalones. Soaps rarely go into reruns, while the daytime game shows sprinkle them in, along with the summer break. Let’s Make a Deal has taped its whole season, and The Price Is Right appears to have enough episodes to take it through the end of May, at which point it wouldn’t be unusual to start its usual run of same-season repeats.

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 07:26:25 AM »
Something I picked up on from the articles about it - they both state that the last first-run episodes are this Thursday. Then, starting next week, the "best-of" theme weeks begin.....That leaves Friday. Maybe an extra treat of Price and LMaD that day?

WhammyPower

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 08:17:04 AM »
Something I picked up on from the articles about it - they both state that the last first-run episodes are this Thursday. Then, starting next week, the "best-of" theme weeks begin.....That leaves Friday. Maybe an extra treat of Price and LMaD that day?
No, they have been already doing "best-of" reruns on Fridays for the past few weeks.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 08:43:14 AM »
No, they have been already doing "best-of" reruns on Fridays for the past few weeks.

Ah. No wonder Fridays were left out. Thank you!