The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Worst Music?

<< < (19/23) > >>

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 17, 2020, 11:52:28 AM ---I don't mind the themes themselves. I've expressed this before, but I'd be happy if they simply played more than the same cue going to and coming back from every commercial. Match Game ends its theme the same exact way every time, and it sounds odd, like they're trying to make a square peg fit, if that makes sense.

I think I'm more bugged by this because the original themes had a vast library, or in the case of Card Sharks, both Perry and Eubanks's themes were long enough to where you could use a different part of the song as a cue. With Feud, they simply use the Combs theme, but use none of the other cues that would flow much better.

--- End quote ---
Stoker of "Mosher and Stoker" claims that they composed the entire set of cues for both shows, it's Fremantle who chooses not to use them.

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: Blanquepage on September 17, 2020, 10:54:38 AM ---I'm not a fan of the the "revamped" $100K Pyramid, Card Sharks, or Press Your Luck themes.
They sound like cheap old-school MIDI's of the original versions.

--- End quote ---

Which is interesting, because (at least in the case of Pyramid), there was a live horn section on the recording session.

Loogaroo:

--- Quote from: Blanquepage on September 17, 2020, 10:54:38 AM ---I'm not a fan of the the "revamped" $100K Pyramid, Card Sharks, or Press Your Luck themes.
They sound like cheap old-school MIDI's of the original versions.

--- End quote ---

YES THANK YOU I'M NOT ALONE.

Pyramid: gives the melody to the trombone instead of the trumpets, forcing it an octave lower which prevents it from standing out. Then there's that one measure in the B phrase that originally went "da-dum da-dum dum dum" (this is professional terminology here) but is replaced in the new version with an unresolved G that stretches out the entire bar. It's like writing an entire sentence and then leaving off the last

PYL/CS: Use actual instruments please. Or at least samples that sound more like actual instruments. And chords. Use actual chords instead of double-voicing the tonic one octave down.

joshg:

--- Quote from: ChrisLambert! on September 17, 2020, 11:27:45 AM ---I like the new Card Sharks theme as a theme for Joel McHale's Card Sharks. It's got a vibe to it that works for me better than the original would in the current setting.

--- End quote ---

Old Card Sharks and New Card Sharks... together at last!  ;D

Joe Mello:
I actually find the new CS theme to be endearing because it goes all-in on the clapping. The PYL theme isn't good, but an attempt was made, whereas something like The Wall doesn't really try at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version