The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Worst Music?

<< < (21/23) > >>

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: PYLdude on September 26, 2020, 10:11:29 PM ---Pyramid had one of the worst. I mean, the show itself was kinda tossed together at the last minute (or had that feel to it), why not have a theme that sounds like someone’s just pressing random keys on a synth?

--- End quote ---

Do you mean the 70s version, "Tuning Up"? I'll give you it's not a model of melodic elegance, and there are some WEIRD growly sounds in there, but it doesn't sound like anything else that was on TV at the time, so I have to give it props for distinctiveness.

Fedya:
I figured he meant Donnymid.  (If memory serves, the GSN version used an arrangement of "Tuning Up".

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: Fedya on September 27, 2020, 09:15:04 AM ---I figured he meant Donnymid.  (If memory serves, the GSN version used an arrangement of "Tuning Up".

--- End quote ---
Correct, although I believe they occasionally used the Cobert theme from ‘82. The GSN theme sounded like it was composed on a Casio keyboard.

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on September 27, 2020, 10:26:15 AM ---Correct, although I believe they occasionally used the Cobert theme from ‘82. The GSN theme sounded like it was composed on a Casio keyboard.

--- End quote ---

I remember someone saying that they used the Cobert theme in studio, but used the Casio theme for air. Don't know why they felt the need to change it.

chrisholland03:
Licensing? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version