The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Game Show Central coming to Pluto TV April 21

<< < (4/5) > >>

tvmitch:
One little tidbit I found this morning in at least the Pluto TV iOS app.

If you visit the On Demand area of the app, and scroll down (quite a bit) to Game Shows, you will see a bunch of content from Game Show Central there.

Sadly, the only early-2000s GSN original that I see in the On Demand section is Friend or Foe - but, there are a ton of episodes available of that and the other originals, too.

Was hoping to see Russian Roulette.

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: KrisW73 on May 04, 2020, 12:35:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: tvmitch on May 03, 2020, 10:41:49 AM ---

If you have the need to hear Apolo say "EVERY SECOND COUNTS!!" a dozen times in an hour...

--- End quote ---

I'd rather jab a sharpened #2 pencil through my eardrums, but YMMV.

--- End quote ---

I tuned in when they were airing the GSN version of 1 Vs. 100...That show was annoying all the way around.

CoreyArcher:
I suppose this "streamer" makes some sense for Game Show Network in the same way that Buzzr makes sense for Fremantle in terms of monetizing existing content that's just sitting around collecting dust, but I can't help wondering if a bit of Buzzr envy somewhat motivated this.

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: CoreyArcher on May 05, 2020, 09:47:12 PM ---I suppose this "streamer" makes some sense for Game Show Network in the same way that Buzzr makes sense for Fremantle in terms of monetizing existing content that's just sitting around collecting dust, but I can't help wondering if a bit of Buzzr envy somewhat motivated this.

--- End quote ---
That’s pretty much it exactly, IMHO. I don’t know that I’d call it envy per se, as much as just wanting their own slice of the pie financially, but I do think this is at least partly motivated by BUZZR’s success.

One show I’m surprised isn’t there yet is Lingo, considering it was one of GSN’s biggest original hits ever. Is there a cross-ownership issue with it? I thought they owned it free & clear.

SwohS Emag:
Game Show Central is now available on The Roku Channel through Roku players.  I'm not sure of the programming selections when compared to the channel's offerings on other streaming services.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version