Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best TPiR Announcer  (Read 9361 times)

tvrandywest

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2004, 11:33:53 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 05:41 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 07:14 PM\'] It seems that the qualities of a good announcer have changed a bit. I don't know if it's a joke, but I heard that John Melendez is going to be the new announcer on "The Tonight Show." [/quote]
Hmm....did you ever want this job, Randy?[/quote]
btw, John is ALREADY in training, being intensively coached by LA's premiere guru for voice talent. To your question, that job never fascinated me nearly as much as wanting to follow in Johnny O's footsteps. Sure, The Tonight Show is a great gig with no heavy lifting. It's a juicy plum, but it doesn't have half the meaning to me that "Price" does.

Johnny made a tremendous impression on me as a child, and then again years later with his generous mentoring and encouragement. Beyond technique and style, John tried to teach me a great deal about attitude and professionalism. I am grateful, and still so very impressed and inspired by the example he set.

I must say...

I've tried to stay miles away from this thread, not wanting to influence the free and open "conversation". It's fine if you prefer another style than mine. It's all about taste and preference. Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors; none is "better" than any other... ok, that BS - chocolate is best; I don't trust people who eat Butter Pecan   ;-)

I encourage everyone to vote everyday. I'm told that this poll is being taken quite seriously. It's a very unusual opportunity for a fan of the show to have their input considered by the producers and the network. Go for it!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 11:37:50 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

MyCapableAssistant

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2004, 05:51:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 06:03 PM\'] I just voted. I'm not saying who I voted for..... but I will Say that there is an "R" somewhere in his name. :-)

John [/quote]
 Does his name also have an "N" in it?  :-)

zachhoran

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2004, 06:29:51 AM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 05:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 06:03 PM\'] I just voted. I'm not saying who I voted for..... but I will Say that there is an "R" somewhere in his name. :-)

John [/quote]
Does his name also have an "N" in it?  :-) [/quote]
 Larry Van Nuys.

DrBear

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2004, 08:36:42 AM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 04:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 06:03 PM\'] I just voted. I'm not saying who I voted for..... but I will Say that there is an "R" somewhere in his name. :-)

John [/quote]
 You voted for REGIS PHILBIN?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

MyCapableAssistant

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2004, 10:00:38 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 07:36 AM\'] [quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 04:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 06:03 PM\'] I just voted. I'm not saying who I voted for..... but I will Say that there is an "R" somewhere in his name. :-)

John [/quote]
You voted for REGIS PHILBIN? [/quote]
 Then again, I could suggest there's also an "A" in
the selection.... Scrabble anyone?

Mike Tennant

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2004, 10:16:08 AM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 10:00 AM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 07:36 AM\'] [quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 04:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 06:03 PM\'] I just voted. I'm not saying who I voted for..... but I will Say that there is an "R" somewhere in his name. :-)

John [/quote]
You voted for REGIS PHILBIN? [/quote]
Then again, I could suggest there's also an "A" in
the selection.... Scrabble anyone? [/quote]
 Just don't pick the Z.  That's a stopper.

passwordplus

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2004, 11:27:32 PM »
So far, we have the a,n, and r

could be:

Randy West
Art Sanders
Daniel Rosen

Careful on what letters you hint at!

I voted for Randy(and not because he is a member here either).Burton has done a pretty decent job as well, and Art Sanders may well be an up and coming announcer somewhere in the Fremantle group in the future(if they get some revivals going)

MyCapableAssistant

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2004, 07:39:09 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 09:27 PM\']So far, we have the a,n, and r

could be:

Randy West
Art Sanders
Daniel Rosen

I voted for Randy(and not because he is a member here either).Burton has done a pretty decent job as well, and Art Sanders may well be an up and coming announcer somewhere in the Fremantle group in the future(if they get some revivals going)[/quote]
Hey passwordplus:

The password is: WAKE UP!!
Wake up and smell the coffee  ;-)

Burton Richardson, Randy West,
Daniel Rosen, AND Art Sanders

ALL have an "R," "A", and an "N" in
their names.. as Allen Ludden would
say:"THINK ABOUT IT!"   ;-)

Thad Dixon

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2004, 08:30:11 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Feb 23 2004, 07:39 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 09:27 PM\']So far, we have the a,n, and r

could be:

Randy West
Art Sanders
Daniel Rosen

I voted for Randy(and not because he is a member here either).Burton has done a pretty decent job as well, and Art Sanders may well be an up and coming announcer somewhere in the Fremantle group in the future(if they get some revivals going)[/quote]
Hey passwordplus:

The password is: WAKE UP!!
Wake up and smell the coffee  ;-)

Burton Richardson, Randy West,
Daniel Rosen, AND Art Sanders

ALL have an "R," "A", and an "N" in
their names.. as Allen Ludden would
say:"THINK ABOUT IT!"   ;-)[/quote]
OK, here's another hint for ya:  his last name does not start with one of those three letters.

Kevin Prather

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2004, 08:45:59 PM »
But you inadvertantly eliminated Roger Rose!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2004, 10:06:14 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 23 2004, 06:45 PM\'] But you inadvertantly eliminated Roger Rose! [/quote]
 I think that was "inadvertant" in the same way that CBS omitting Paul Boland from the poll was "inadvertant". :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2004, 09:44:07 AM »
Out of curiosity, has anyone heard from I Haven't Heard Him Yet ?

What an strange name for that guy ! :P
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

SplitSecond

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2004, 05:34:11 PM »
In my opinion (already cast on the CBS.com polls, thankyouverymuch), Roger's voice is so thin it's almost irritating, but he brings a personality to the job.

Art Sanders has a polished, pleasing voice, but he shows no personality and seems detached from the show.

Daniel seems to have neither the pleasing voice nor the personality (and he just seems like an arrogant jerk based on his website), and while Randy's voice occasionally betrays him, it is still pleasingly appropriate for the show (a la Rod), and he shows much more personality than the other candidates.

Make a Punnett square out of THAT.

MyCapableAssistant

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2004, 10:44:54 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 03:34 PM\']Roger's voice is so thin it's almost irritating, but he brings a personality to the job.

and while Randy's voice occasionally betrays him, it is still pleasingly appropriate for the show (a la Rod), and he shows much more personality than the other candidates.
[/quote]
Agreed. Roger's voice is NOT the one for Price!

As for Randy... agreed, agreed, and agreed!
I find Randy's voice VERY pleasing to listen to, and I'm
sure there is NO other voice that can possibly create
the warmth and friendliness that Randy's does! For Price,
Randy is a FINE choice!

WhirlieBird74

Best TPiR Announcer
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2004, 06:16:37 PM »
After listening to Rich Fields on the 3/4/2004 edition of TPIR, he could give Randy West a run for his money.  Just a warning...