The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

"A skateboard from Rice-a-Roni"

<< < (2/5) > >>

knagl:
I always just assumed that they were random low-value freebies they got that weren't valuable enough to get a voiced plug (and maybe the provider's name just appeared in the credits on screen?). They weren't always complimentary to the other plugs they'd be sandwiched between, I don't think.  Not a real life example, but I've certainly heard plugs similar to, "Kiwi shoe polish, for the best looking shoes ever! ...and a toaster! ...and a year's supply of Liquid Tide, nothing gets clothes brighter than Liquid Tide!"

Dbacksfan12:

Here's some fee plugs from an episode of Match Game '76.  The second plug is from Rice-A-Roni; my takeaway is that Rice-A-Roni provided a tray and a supply of their tasty side dish.

chrisholland03:
I always assumed they were a means of rounding up the prize package and were paid by the production company.  A very interesting question!

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on February 23, 2020, 02:50:11 PM ---
Here's some fee plugs from an episode of Match Game '76.  The second plug is from Rice-A-Roni; my takeaway is that Rice-A-Roni provided a tray and a supply of their tasty side dish.

--- End quote ---
Surely the Clark Bar people didn't supply a travel alarm clock though.

SamJ93:
The most recent example of this I can remember was TPiR in the late 90's/early 00's, when "a telephone from Invention Submission Corporation" was a regular part of the consolation prizes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version