The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

ABC to air Jeopardy GOAT tournament

<< < (2/26) > >>

Loogaroo:
That's my thinking too. Ideally you wait a year or so, but I don't think they really have that luxury with Trebek at this point.

jjman920:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on November 18, 2019, 01:21:50 PM ---The shows tape early next month. My question is how will they keep it from becoming a spoiler by simply knowing how many episodes it runs?

--- End quote ---
My guess is that like the World Series (or other best-of-7 playoff series), the episodes will be scheduled "if needed."

I'll bet these tapings will be closed and the audience will be by invite only, similar to the All-Star Tourney.

BrandonFG:
I also took it as Alex’s farewell tour, esp. given his recent interview regarding his health.

weaklink75:
I think the combination of the network primetime slot, Alex's health, and James winning the ToC last week was too much to resist for them doing it now...

And I wonder how far along they're in the regular season tapings? If Alex does have to leave in the middle of the season, do they have enough of a buffer to announce a replacement (I suspect they've had some unofficial talks with people) and get them up to speed with everything?

PYLdude:
Check out James' Twitter. That's all I'm gonna say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version