The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

ABC to air Jeopardy GOAT tournament

<< < (26/26)

JakeT:

--- Quote from: trainman on January 16, 2020, 02:05:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: bwood on January 15, 2020, 04:37:58 PM ---My DirecTV listings always had it scheduled all four possible days this week as to not spoil the outcome. I just checked and no changes have been made to the listings. It still shows it on the schedule Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

--- End quote ---
In fact, my DirecTV DVR recorded the nonexistent Wednesday episode. Their listings provider -- which is TMS (formerly Tribune Media Services) -- is usually better than that at pushing through last-minute changes.

--- End quote ---

AT&T uVERSE also recorded the fill-in sitcoms last night as part of my J! GOAT season pass...on a lark, I decided to try to watch what was recorded instead ("The Goldbergs"\"Schooled")...what a wonderfur reminder of why I NEVER waste time with those...sooooo horrible!

JakeT

JohnXXVII:
I think they should have aired this show weekly. It would have kept it in the public consciousness a bit longer.

I also think they made a mistake calling it the "Greatest of All Time." Such hyperbole, and it needlessly closed off a lot of future possibilities.

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: JohnXXVII on January 24, 2020, 04:24:35 PM ---I also think they made a mistake calling it the "Greatest of All Time." Such hyperbole, and it needlessly closed off a lot of future possibilities.
--- End quote ---
Such as what? Jeopardy won't exist as we know it in a few years. Also:

One contestant set a win streak that nobody in fifteen years has gotten within 50% of reaching.

One contestant had a mega-tournament performance level you could set an atomic clock to.

One contestant had a mean and median average win level just higher than Roger Craig's $77,000 then-record.

There will be other big winners but I think those three will be the contenders for GOAT for a while.

JakeT:

--- Quote from: JohnXXVII on January 24, 2020, 04:24:35 PM ---I also think they made a mistake calling it the "Greatest of All Time." Such hyperbole, and it needlessly closed off a lot of future possibilities.

--- End quote ---

Certainly no more hyperbolic than American (and a bit of Canadian) baseball having an annual "World Series"...

It's television...hyperbole is its lifeblood...

JakeT

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: JakeT on January 24, 2020, 09:35:21 PM ---Certainly no more hyperbolic than American (and a bit of Canadian) baseball having an annual "World Series"...

It's television...hyperbole is its lifeblood...
--- End quote ---
And named after a newspaper at that! What horrendous conceit! /s

/Actually, the World Baseball Classic is a neat idea that I hope stays around for a long time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version