The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

What happens during the commercials?

<< < (3/5) > >>

cmjb13:

--- Quote from: Joe Mello on August 29, 2019, 10:33:53 PM ---Leaving the stage is probably not the right phrase but IIRC Pat and Vanna head out of sight to get prepped for the next round(s).

Having a "think out loud at your own risk" thing in the agreement is rather novel, I think.

--- End quote ---
Vanna goes behind the puzzle board.

Pat will do the same or visit the producers table.

PYLdude:
I don't know what it was like for hot seaters on Millionaire but for the standees, the podium was the center of attention. Once the break hit, they brought out some water for me and Cedric and the director talked to him about how he was doing while Geoff Rosen did pretty much what PPatters described with me. We also got touched up by the makeup lady right before we resumed.

I'm assuming that's how everyone did it afterwards; if anybody can vouch/offer new info, please do.

GiraffeBoy:
Water break. The hot lights and dry atmosphere in the studio dehydrate you quickly. On WOF, they gave each of the players a water bottle (colored dot on the top to indicate which player's bottle).

I still remember on Millionaire being reminded to speak more loudly. I have a soft voice, so I needed to be made more conscious of this. Also, during my first break, Chris talked to me about setting up the interview that started the next segment.

They love to play pop music during the breaks at Wheel. When Millionaire would bring in a new contestant, they'd play something at the player's request (e.g. "Roar" by Katy Perry was mine, because of course, I am a champion!  :D)

--Charlie

Card Shark:
Having seen TPIR once with Bob as host and 3 times with Drew, this is what I've seen. Bob took questions from the audience during the breaks and the breaks were limited to a few minutes so as to maintain the live to tape format. Drew tends to spend more time between segments shmoozing with the audience. After the first showcase showdown, Drew leaves the stage to take a water break and the stagehands move the turntable wall out a bit more. I can't remember if it's angled differently, but it's re-positioned. But, Drew does tend to spend more time really trying to strike a rapport with the audience than what I remember of Bob's interactions with the audience. I'm not suggesting that Drew is "better" than Bob or vice versa by any means, but just reporting my observations. Others may have had different experiences depending on when they may have attended tapings. I saw an episode hosted by Bob 20 years ago, and ones by Drew in 2013, and 2017. So, there it is.

Brian44:

--- Quote from: GiraffeBoy on September 07, 2019, 02:25:25 PM ---(...because of course, I am a champion!  :D)

--- End quote ---

Just when I think you've stroked your ego enough on this forum...  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version