Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows  (Read 6494 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2022, 09:13:52 PM »
Adam Nedeff should definitely be given the opportunity to bat on a future edition.

-Dan

Amen to that!

That required a bump. That.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

carlisle96

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2022, 01:38:01 PM »
No, I have two books in the works including Monty...just finished the first draft of that last night...and the book about “The Gong Show.”
I'd be interested in a Jack Barry bio. As a journalist, I flirted with writing one, but work and family matters stepped in.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2022, 10:19:27 AM »
Depending on who writes it, the book to write would be about the Goodson Todman dynasty. The problem is, many of the best primary sources are deceased. Let's see, Jonathan Goodson, Billy Todman, Bobby Sherman. Mimi O'Brien, Arthur Maturo are still around AFAIK. The guys who would be the best sources going way back are gone. Besides Mr. G. and Mr. T. themselves you'd want to talk to Gil Fates, Frank Wayne, Howard Todman, Bud Austin, Jerry Chester and Liz Martin, but they're all gone now. Bob Noah is still with us but I don't think he gives interviews.

Gil Fates and Ira Skutch both wrote excellent memoirs.

BillCullen1

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2022, 07:26:29 PM »
Add Dick DeBartolo to the list of G-T staffers who are still with us.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 09:18:50 PM »
No, I have two books in the works including Monty...just finished the first draft of that last night...and the book about “The Gong Show.”
I'd be interested in a Jack Barry bio. As a journalist, I flirted with writing one, but work and family matters stepped in.

There is a Jack Barry bio in the works.  bear manor is releasing it.  I am friends with the author on Facebook and IIRC he said that is in a holding pattern.

Bryce L.

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 12:34:14 AM »

There is a Jack Barry bio in the works.  bear manor is releasing it.  I am friends with the author on Facebook and IIRC he said that is in a holding pattern.
Adam?

carlisle96

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 12:07:33 PM »

I'll buy

Jamey Greek

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 12:09:32 PM »

Adam?

It's not him.  His name is Josh Jacobs.  I am not friends with Adam anymore.  He has made it clear he does not want anything to do with me anymore.

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 12:33:08 PM »
It's not him.  His name is Josh Jacobs.  I am not friends with Adam anymore.  He has made it clear he does not want anything to do with me anymore.
It's time to let go of this grudge. Never mind the fact that this is not the place to start telling this story again.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jamey Greek

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2022, 12:35:56 PM »
It's time to let go of this grudge. Never mind the fact that this is not the place to start telling this story again.

I have.  And I know.  I was just pointing that out.  Before he did. And for the record, I do not hold a grudge against Adam.  He does not want anything to do with me anymore and I respect that.  I still and will continue to respect him as a game show author and historian.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2022, 02:42:32 PM »
Forgive how coy this answer is going to come off, but it’s just that it’s not my place to reveal certain info. But I’m happy to say that there are at least three game show-related reference books in the works right now (with minimal involvement from me, actually). Hopefully there’s more to announce sooner than later.

Did anything ever come of this?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jamey Greek

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2022, 03:00:30 PM »
Forgive how coy this answer is going to come off, but it’s just that it’s not my place to reveal certain info. But I’m happy to say that there are at least three game show-related reference books in the works right now (with minimal involvement from me, actually). Hopefully there’s more to announce sooner than later.

Did anything ever come of this?

I wonder that too