The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

What the NORMAL viewer notices?

<< < (2/3) > >>

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on June 13, 2019, 05:51:45 PM ---We are most assuredly the one percent of the one percent. I cannot watch an old episode of TPIR and not yell "Silly person! It always ends with zero!" as the poor soul bungles Ten Chances.

--- End quote ---
About 15 years ago, I watched an episode with my mom. They were playing Money Game and I remembered the rule of the second number was usually (always?) the lowest variable divisible by 5. I confidently said "20" or whatever, and when Bob pulled the card, my mom looked at me like I had grown a third hand.

Can't remember if I explained how I knew that. I was prolly too busy laughing at her reaction. :P

Strikerz04:
I’ve had friends text me about the annoying players of CS and the loudness of the audience of PYL. They aren’t diehards like me/you/us.

My wife had questions about the Money Cards double rule (I wasn’t aware of the push=loss) and sudden death on CS, which is shocking since when I have  Perry’s version on, she goes to the other room. 😂

jage:
Because of DOND, I'm conditioned to try to stay away from the clock when a self-contained show is on, but there are probably shows from the past where looking at the clock while watching could help to reveal parts of the outcome.
Last night, we confirmed that the main game of PYL is not a hard stop at :30 and it was nice to see that part of the show drawn out.

I think CS is the one that is drawn out a bit much. I like the idea of using studio audience questions to fill in some time, or doing the car bonus game.

Offshored2007:
My normal wife saw one minute of the PYL reboot and uttered her usual phrase:

"I HATE THAT SHOW" (hates every version, even when I showed her Second Chance)

Here's what she noticed without my prompting: 1) The timing of the last spin winning the Jeep 2) Where are the choices for the answers? 3) Is that a new version of the theme?

Jimmy Owen:

--- Quote from: Offshored2007 on June 14, 2019, 07:48:52 AM ---My normal wife saw one minute of the PYL reboot and uttered her usual phrase:

"I HATE THAT SHOW" (hates every version, even when I showed her Second Chance)

Here's what she noticed without my prompting: 1) The timing of the last spin winning the Jeep 2) Where are the choices for the answers? 3) Is that a new version of the theme?

--- End quote ---

I've mentioned this before, but my sister is not a fan of game shows.  She even went to the trouble of programming her remote so it jumps past GSN without clicking.  It's getting more difficult to avoid, though.  Wasn't Wednesday night mostly reality or game shows on all the networks?

When seeking entertainment, I'm not sure if people watch the clock as much as I would, so they don't know the end has to be near.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version