The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

PYL 2019 has a host!

<< < (2/24) > >>

Jimmy Owen:
I was hoping for Jim Peck, but we shall see.

JasonA1:

--- Quote from: Dbacksfan12 on May 02, 2019, 04:21:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: TLEberle on May 02, 2019, 03:53:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: calliaume on May 02, 2019, 03:33:47 PM ---Elizabeth Banks.
--- End quote ---
Curt: Thank you for actually saying the name so I didn't have to click the link/guess interminably. Gold star.
--- End quote ---
Its quite clear who the host is by reading the hyperlink.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but we're a discussion board. It's even easier to type out the name in the post (because one has already made the effort to do more than copy/paste the link), and let those who want to read the article click through to get more information. I agree with Travis that it's odd when we get posts that basically have the subject "Guess what??" - that makes it hard to recall & find the discussion months later.

-Jason

BillCullen1:

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on May 02, 2019, 04:29:16 PM ---I was hoping for Jim Peck, but we shall see.

--- End quote ---

No, they weren't going to get an "old school" host. I thought they might get Todd Newton since he was probably available. So now that they have a host, they should start taping soon. I wonder if 1iota or OCA is handling the ticket requests for this out in La-la-land.

Stackertosh:

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on May 02, 2019, 04:29:16 PM ---I was hoping for Jim Peck, but we shall see.

--- End quote ---

I would love to see Todd Newton host Press Your Luck or even Card Sharks.

Abc is going after big names to host their Game Shows.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on May 03, 2019, 08:56:24 AM ---No, they weren't going to get an "old school" host. I thought they might get Todd Newton since he was probably available.

--- End quote ---
Two of the last national gigs Todd Newton had, he was relegated to "sidekick" roles between commercials: delivering contest prizes on Gameshow Marathon and hosting mini-games on Monopoly Millionaires Club. I say this as a fan who believes he deserved the main and other hosting roles: they're going for name recognition, which has unfortunately eluded Todd. Not too many people outside of this forum remember a third-tier cable revival from nearly 20 years ago.

I believe it's also the reason he didn't get the TPiR job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version