The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Buzzr Streaming Question

<< < (10/11) > >>

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on August 17, 2021, 03:39:08 PM ---Yep, finally got it, at least the m3u part, so that NPVR will like it. How are you getting your XMLTV listings? (I do have a Schedules Direct subscription, is it possible to pull from that?)

--- End quote ---
Yep. I've used programs that scrape Zap2It for XMLTV listings, but Schedules Direct is easier and only $25 a year. Doesn't really matter what Schedules Direct lineup you use as long as it's one for your time zone that has Buzzr in it.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on August 17, 2021, 03:45:53 PM ---Yep. I've used programs that scrape Zap2It for XMLTV listings, but Schedules Direct is easier and only $25 a year. Doesn't really matter what Schedules Direct lineup you use as long as it's one for your time zone that has Buzzr in it.

--- End quote ---
(Apologies for asking so many questions, but you're being so damn helpful. :)) Can I use JSON listings or do I need to subscribe an XML one? KCOP out of LA has Buzzr on DT2 so it should be easy to find.

EDIT: Answered my own question. JSON ho! All set up. :)

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on August 17, 2021, 04:12:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowpeck on August 17, 2021, 03:45:53 PM ---Yep. I've used programs that scrape Zap2It for XMLTV listings, but Schedules Direct is easier and only $25 a year. Doesn't really matter what Schedules Direct lineup you use as long as it's one for your time zone that has Buzzr in it.

--- End quote ---
(Apologies for asking so many questions, but you're being so damn helpful. :)) Can I use JSON listings or do I need to subscribe an XML one? KCOP out of LA has Buzzr on DT2 so it should be easy to find.

EDIT: Answered my own question. JSON ho! All set up. :)

--- End quote ---
Awesome, will be interested to know how your first scheduled recording goes.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on August 17, 2021, 04:31:36 PM ---Awesome, will be interested to know how your first scheduled recording goes.

--- End quote ---

Well, I ran a couple of practice shots today - as long as I schedule within the NPVR client, it works a treat. Using Kodi as a front-end (with the NPVR add-in) throws an error that I am clearly not the only person to have seen and doesn't have an obvious solution online, so I may just need to go with NPVR for now.

The big question will be if one or both machines I am testing on will be able to come out of sleep to deal with a scheduled recording. We'll know the answer to that in about fifteen minutes. :)

clemon79:
Answer: great success! They wake to record just fine, and it saves a .ts file that I can then copy off wherever I need it and convert and split as desired. (I could probably leverage MCEBuddy to convert that to an MP4 and trim ads BUZZR logo breaks automagically I wanted to, and then I would just need to split.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version