The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

CMT entering game show arena with "Nashville Squares"

<< < (3/3)

Mike Tennant:

--- Quote from: rebelwrest on March 12, 2019, 09:10:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mike Tennant on March 11, 2019, 07:58:15 PM ---
Maybe they could reuse the set from 2014's West Virginia Squares:

--- End quote ---

Please do not besmirch the good legacy of Peter Marshall by bringing up that turd in the punch bowl.  I should know, I was there and among the nearly 90% of the audience that left the theater between the first and second sessions.

--- End quote ---
Believe me, I know it was bad from the little bit of it I could stand to watch. I even recall commenting to that effect on this board at the time. I was really only joking that CMT would recycle the set; I doubt that it even still exists, much less that they would want it.

WarioBarker:

--- Quote from: rebelwrest on March 12, 2019, 09:10:58 AM ---that turd in the punch bowl.
--- End quote ---
Appropriate, then, that there's an outhouse in the thumbnail.

byrd62:
And let's not forget all those game shows that ran on one of CMT's predecessors, The Nashville Network, between 1983-93...you know, Fandango with Bill Anderson; Top Card with Jim Caldwell, then Dan Miller; and 10 Seconds, also with Mr. Miller.

Clay Zambo:
There's enough humor in country music (and its performers) that this could be really fun. This seems like a charming idea.

whewfan:

--- Quote from: rebelwrest on March 12, 2019, 09:10:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mike Tennant on March 11, 2019, 07:58:15 PM ---
Maybe they could reuse the set from 2014's West Virginia Squares:

--- End quote ---

Please do not besmirch the good legacy of Peter Marshall by bringing up that turd in the punch bowl.  I should know, I was there and among the nearly 90% of the audience that left the theater between the first and second sessions.

--- End quote ---

If I recall, there's another video with better written questions and funny answers. Okay, Peter forgets to ask the contestant to pick a star, but otherwise he's still quite sharp here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version