The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Contestants you rooted against?

<< < (5/5)

BrandonFG:
I can't come up with any specific examples, although I recall one Wheel Vegas "Best Friends" episode from about 1998, where the two women were pretty obnoxious, screeching "Yeah baby!" every time they solved a puzzle. I secretly hoped they wouldn't make it to the bonus round, but naturally they advanced and won (IIRC) 25K. Cue more "Yeah baby!" screams and me rolling my eyes.

Other than that, I prolly had a few Nelson Muntz "Ha ha!" moments anytime someone on Deal or No Deal said six figures was not a lot of money, and went home with less than $5,000.

Eric Paddon:
I didn't care for a contestant on PYL I remember as "Crazy Gene" who after he won at the end looked his opponent in the eye and made a putting the hex kind of gesture at her which I felt was a bit in-your-face.     He was also a contestant on Rafferty Card Sharks too.

GameShowGuru:

--- Quote from: Eric Paddon on March 11, 2019, 02:44:41 PM ---I didn't care for a contestant on PYL I remember as "Crazy Gene" who after he won at the end looked his opponent in the eye and made a putting the hex kind of gesture at her which I felt was a bit in-your-face.     He was also a contestant on Rafferty Card Sharks too.

--- End quote ---

I know exactly who you're talking about: I always nicknamed him Screamin Jay Hawkins, because between his screaming in excitement and his hexlike gestures at the audience and fellow contestants, I always thought he was going bust out and sing "I Put a Spell on You".

[]Becauuuuussssseeee.......YOU'RE MINNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!   OHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!![/]

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: GameShowGuru on March 13, 2019, 01:16:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Eric Paddon on March 11, 2019, 02:44:41 PM ---I didn't care for a contestant on PYL I remember as "Crazy Gene" who after he won at the end looked his opponent in the eye and made a putting the hex kind of gesture at her which I felt was a bit in-your-face.     He was also a contestant on Rafferty Card Sharks too.

--- End quote ---

I know exactly who you're talking about: I always nicknamed him Screamin Jay Hawkins, because between his screaming in excitement and his hexlike gestures at the audience and fellow contestants, I always thought he was going bust out and sing "I Put a Spell on You".

[]Becauuuuussssseeee.......YOU'RE MINNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!   OHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!![/]

--- End quote ---

IIRC, they included him in some of the opening montages for a while as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version