The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Contestants you rooted against?

<< < (4/5) > >>

whewfan:

Here's the match with Tammy and Les. This was actually the SEMI-finals, but again, Tammy should've won. Note that Les NEVER said the actual title "Every Breath You Take"... everything BUT that. As I've said, he won the final too. One thing I just noticed, not only is Tommy Oliver and a couple band members trying to "photobomb" Les' bunny hop-like dance, but the credits are also "dancing", so either the show is having fun with Les' over the top reaction, or MAKING fun, you be the judge.

ChrisLambert!:
Er, no. That’s the “artistry” of whatever individual uploaded the clip to YT, not of SFP.

whewfan:
Okay, and someone set me straight on Les and a second tournament. I got confused and remembered wrong. He did not compete in another tournament.

johnnya2k3:
Arthur Chu on Jeopardy; thank god Ben Ingram would outsmart him in the Tournament of Champions.

TLEberle:
It is interesting (at least to me) to read the box score on that tournament. Arthur's Coryat factor was off-the-charts compared to Ben and Julia, but Arthur (needlessly, in my opinion) lost ten grand on the day one Final Jeopardy and proved that you can't win a tournament on day one of the finals, but you surely can lose it. Julia Collins also lost big but Ben came up with a correct response and more or less salted away the victory at that point.

I usually don't root against contestants unless they're a total caricature or they have a vocal tic that rubs me the wrong way--for the most part they'll be off the screen in an hour or less and I get on with my life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version