Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 100 Mexican People Said...  (Read 3305 times)

Brandon Brooks

100 Mexican People Said...
« on: February 05, 2004, 07:15:15 PM »
Maybe it has been like this for a while, but I noticed that 100 Mexicanos Dijeron got a new set.  Very blue.

Also, I just noticed at the end of one episode a basket of candy, a la Dawson.  What is this all about?

Brandon Brooks

byrd62

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 08:32:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 07:15 PM\']Maybe it has been like this for a while, but I noticed that 100 Mexicanos Dijeron got a new set.  Very blue.

Also, I just noticed at the end of one episode a basket of candy, a la Dawson.  What is this all about?

Brandon Brooks[/quote]
As has been posted elsewhere on this board, prior to the "Dinero Rapido" ["Fast Money"] round, the winning family member who goes first in the round gets to pick a lollipop that could be worth nothing extra, or worth bonus points added to what they get in the round, or worth some extra cash, or worth money per point if they don't win, or even worth double the jackpot, making the round worth 200,000 pesos [US$20,000] if they win instead of 100,000 [US$10,000].

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 09:27:44 PM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 08:32 PM\'] As has been posted elsewhere on this board, prior to the "Dinero Rapido" ["Fast Money"] round, the winning family member who goes first in the round gets to pick a lollipop that could be worth nothing extra, or worth bonus points added to what they get in the round, or worth some extra cash, or worth money per point if they don't win, or even worth double the jackpot, making the round worth 200,000 pesos [US$20,000] if they win instead of 100,000 [US$10,000]. [/quote]
 Oh, yeah.

So what determines when the candy basket is in play?

Brandon Brooks

jdhernandez

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 10:00:52 PM »
Oh, yeah.

So what determines when the candy basket is in play?

Someone directed me here, I thought I should reply. =D

I have to leave in 2 minutes, but I will try to sum it up...

The lollipop basket is in play for only the second half of the show. Yes, this is a new format they are using. The one-hour long format is like FF Challenge where two new families play in the first half of the show, then the champions from the first half play the champions from the previous day. VERY cool stuff! Yeah, I made a MUCH more elaborate post somewhere around here....

Vamos a Jugar!
JDH
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 11:19:29 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 10:00 PM\'] Someone directed me here, I thought I should reply. =D

I have to leave in 2 minutes, but I will try to sum it up...

The lollipop basket is in play for only the second half of the show. Yes, this is a new format they are using. The one-hour long format is like FF Challenge where two new families play in the first half of the show, then the champions from the first half play the champions from the previous day. VERY cool stuff! Yeah, I made a MUCH more elaborate post somewhere around here....

Vamos a Jugar!
JDH [/quote]
 Now, I see... I knew something was different.

Thanks.

Brandon Brooks

jdhernandez

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 03:21:48 AM »
Wait a second....you saw it today? I never thought I'd say this, but I didn't get all of today's episode....

Guiseppe got into my VCR today, and I'm going to kill it. So, did you record Thursday's ep? If not, did you at least watch? LMK what happened, email me! Please? =) Pretty please?

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 12:39:36 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 03:21 AM\'] Wait a second....you saw it today? I never thought I'd say this, but I didn't get all of today's episode....

Guiseppe got into my VCR today, and I'm going to kill it. So, did you record Thursday's ep? If not, did you at least watch? LMK what happened, email me! Please? =) Pretty please? [/quote]
 If what you mean by today is Thursday, then partially.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I didn't see the whole hour.  And I also don't know the family names.  So my helpfulness is limited.  However, I know the first DR was won, and the second was lost by one point.

Brandon Brooks

Fedya

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 01:48:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 12:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 03:21 AM\'] Wait a second....you saw it today? I never thought I'd say this, but I didn't get all of today's episode....

Guiseppe got into my VCR today, and I'm going to kill it. So, did you record Thursday's ep? If not, did you at least watch? LMK what happened, email me! Please? =) Pretty please? [/quote]

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I didn't see the whole hour.  And I also don't know the family names.  So my helpfulness is limited.  However, I know the first DR was won, and the second was lost by one point.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 The winning family in the second half was the Barrenechea (sp?) family (five women), who won their third or fourth game.  They've only won 120K pesos, which means they've won Dinero Rapido only once.

Does the winning family in the first half get the 5,000 pesos?  And what will they do after a family retires undefeated?  It seems rather unfair to me to bring three new families on and give one of them a head start by putting them into the second half automatically.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

JMFabiano

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 02:28:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 01:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 12:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 03:21 AM\'] Wait a second....you saw it today? I never thought I'd say this, but I didn't get all of today's episode....

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
The winning family in the second half was the Barrenechea (sp?) family (five women), who won their third or fourth game.  They've only won 120K pesos, which means they've won Dinero Rapido only once.

Does the winning family in the first half get the 5,000 pesos?  And what will they do after a family retires undefeated?  It seems rather unfair to me to bring three new families on and give one of them a head start by putting them into the second half automatically. [/quote]
 AFAIK main game wins still equal 5,000 pesos in both halves (I remember seeing the graphic flash for the winners in a first half game)  Now for a question of my own...with the new bonuses in DR, do they still have the bonus for all five #1 answers?

re: the spoiler....oh my god was that heartbreaking!  With Marco doing his teases, you almost thought they'd win for sure.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

jdhernandez

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 04:21:14 PM »
AY, pobrecitas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes head* Ahem....anyway.... thanks for what happened on that last DR. That means they must have gotten zeros on their last two responses, because that's where my VCR cut off, the bastage! To answer the last question....

the bonuses are still intact, since Marco mentioned that on the first episode this week. So, if a family gets "DOBLE," which we have NOT seen yet....and one person gets all #1 answers, it is possible to win $250,000 pesos in one round.

--The Barrenchea family won their fourth game in a row, been there for three days. So, this would be their fourth day. I don't know if there is STILL a five-game limit, I'm thinking there isn't anymore for some odd reason, but if the time ever comes, we'll see.

zachhoran

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 07:37:06 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 04:21 PM\'] AY, pobrecitas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes head* Ahem....anyway.... thanks for what happened on that last DR. That means they must have gotten zeros on their last two responses, because that's where my VCR cut off, the bastage! To answer the last question....

the bonuses are still intact, since Marco mentioned that on the first episode this week. So, if a family gets "DOBLE," which we have NOT seen yet....and one person gets all #1 answers, it is possible to win $250,000 pesos in one round.

--The Barrenchea family won their fourth game in a row, been there for three days. So, this would be their fourth day. I don't know if there is STILL a five-game limit, I'm thinking there isn't anymore for some odd reason, but if the time ever comes, we'll see. [/quote]
 But does the host offer besos to the ladies as well as the pesos.

jdhernandez

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004, 06:38:17 AM »

LMAO!!!! =D =D

In a way, that was so horrible, it was great.

I'm sorry, based on what I saw....the timing....it's just too funny!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 02:59:59 PM »
You musta had to be there.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jmeyer43

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 08:21:44 PM »

You musta had to be there.

Assuming the second quote here was in response to the first, perhaps the confusion is because some folks don't know that besos is Spanish for kisses.

If the 2 quotes are unrelated, disregard this message.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »
[quote name=\'jmeyer43\' date=\'Feb 7 2004, 06:21 PM\'] Assuming the second quote here was in response to the first, perhaps the confusion is because some folks don't know that besos is Spanish for kisses.
 [/quote]
 No, I took four years of Spanish, I got it, I just didn't think it was particularly funny, much less ROFLMAO hilarious.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe