The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Which host was better?

(1/13) > >>

danderson:
i'll start wih a few

Hollywood Squares- Peter Marshall and Tom Bergeron both were good. I'd go with Tom Bergeron.

Price is Right- Bill Cullen or Bob Barker- Bob Barker, but Cullen was great in the 50s and 60s.

Tic Tac Dough- Wink Martindale was better than Patrick Wayne.

Jokers Wild- i'll go with Jack Barry.

BrandonFG:
I’m picking Cullen for best TJW host. Although the game was slower, I felt he brought a sense of warmth to the show. Jack was too smarmy for me at times, and the way he tried to build tension was just goofy at times. The amount of tension needed on 21 wasn’t very necessary when a Chevrolet Chevette was on the line on TJW. :P

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on January 04, 2019, 03:28:37 PM ---I’m picking Cullen for best TJW host. Although the game was slower, I felt he brought a sense of warmth to the show. Jack was too smarmy for me at times, and the way he tried to build tension was just goofy at times. The amount of tension needed on 21 wasn’t very necessary when a Chevrolet Chevette was on the line on TJW. :P
--- End quote ---
I would say that either Bill or Jim Peck would win that in a walk-over. I prefer Bill's laid back approach to Jack's caricatured-touching-on-phony level of excitement, though the "Joker-Joker...." moment is one that Jack sold very well.

I can see some people picking Peter over Tom (I think both have their strengths, and Peter on All-Star Blitz is fantastic) but the other three don't even go to the judges for a decision--they're all TKOs.

Stackertosh:
Card Sharks BIll Rafferty or Bob Eubanks

I prefer Bill over Bob. Both was good but there was things about Bob that annoyed me. I thought Bill had more fun with the show i wish he hosted the day time version.

Family Feud Ray Combs or Richard Dawson

I prefer Ray Combs

Price is Right- Bob Barker - Dennis James

If it wasn't for Bill Cullen condition i would love to see how he would handled the 70s Price is right.

Winkfan:

--- Quote from: danderson on January 04, 2019, 02:23:37 PM ---Hollywood Squares- Peter Marshall and Tom Bergeron both were good. I'd go with Tom Bergeron.
--- End quote ---

The "Boy Singer," hands down!

--- Quote ---Price is Right- Bill Cullen or Bob Barker- Bob Barker, but Cullen was great in the 50s and 60s.
--- End quote ---

I prefer Cullen.

--- Quote ---Tic Tac Dough- Wink Martindale was better.....
--- End quote ---

Hear! Hear!

--- Quote ---Jokers Wild- I'll go with Jack Barry.
--- End quote ---

While this show put JB back on track; I'm going "off the board" and will vouch for Jim Peck.

Cordially,
Tammy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version