Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nueva Etapa! Vamos.....a Jugar!  (Read 2145 times)

jdhernandez

Nueva Etapa! Vamos.....a Jugar!
« on: February 02, 2004, 06:16:37 PM »
I hope this is in the right place to put this....but I'm not spoiling any game results, so I figured to place it here.

For those of you who get Telefutura, tonight marks the debut of that new set I was talking about some time ago on 100 Mexicanos Dijeron...but no lollipops just yet. It's a...cleaner set in general, and with color schemes that are more like "modern" game shows. I dunno, you'll have to watch to see what I mean, I guess. As for the new music....I know it's coming soon. =)
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

JMFabiano

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 09:05:14 PM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 06:16 PM\'] I hope this is in the right place to put this....but I'm not spoiling any game results, so I figured to place it here.

For those of you who get Telefutura, tonight marks the debut of that new set I was talking about some time ago on 100 Mexicanos Dijeron...but no lollipops just yet. It's a...cleaner set in general, and with color schemes that are more like "modern" game shows. I dunno, you'll have to watch to see what I mean, I guess. As for the new music....I know it's coming soon. =) [/quote]
 Any pictures online to tide me over?  Dunno what to think at any rate, as I like the original set, since it's pretty much a Latino-flavored version of the classic FF set.  And the original theme music, if you listen carefully, is very much inspired by the original FF theme we all know and love.  I guess my worse case scenario/fear is 100MD pulling a WOF and the set and music being run through the genericizer.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

jdhernandez

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 05:53:09 AM »
Any pictures online to tide me over?

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://photos.yahoo.com/lakersdude/

(Warning, some results are in the photos...but these eps have already aired, so there is no need to type out this ridiculous disclaimer now, is there? Pfft. Great, I just wasted 30 seconds of my life typing and I'm still going? Stop now, JD...)

Look under the 100 Mexicanos Dijeron gallery, and so far...I have snapshots from the first episode with the new stuff. While I'm replying...

The new format is like the hour-long Feud we all know and love. First half of the show, two NEW families play the regular game. Whoever wins goes on to play Dinero Rapido, and squares off against the champions from the last show. Second half, both winning families play the game, just like always. The winner of the second half gets to play a special Dinero Rapido round....

BTW, I guess I was a tad off...I thought some of the other stuff came weeks later, but they all came at once. New set, new music package (which is muy excellente), new format, new wrinkles....and.....

THE LOLLIPOP.....BASKET?!? Yeah, it's a basket full of candy, folks. Apparently, some of the people down there in Mexico City have DirecTV, watch GSN...and took some ideas from Dawson's FF and expanded on it. =D (I'm not kidding, there ARE people down there who have DirecTV with English cable-channels; they are considered the VERY rich folk) Well, it is SO tacky that it just works so well on a Mexican game show. =P Here's how it works...

In the lollipop... basket, there are ribbons attached to the bottom of the lollipops, and they are hidden from view. The first person going up on Dinero Rapido pulls a lollipop to see what they get. Here are some of the surprises waiting for them:

-Bueno Suerte....good luck! =P No, really...it means good luck. Nothing happens....just normal Fast Money. =)
-Pe$o$ Extra: If you pull out a money amount, then you get that amount added to your winnings, not too shabby. (Like $5,000)
**Dinero Extra, where you get a set number of pesos per point, should a family NOT reach 200 points (something like $25/point)
-Puntos Extra, which can be very useful. If a family doesn't reach 200 points by themselves, then there is a piece of foil attached to the string, and Marco reveals how much points are in there...anywhere from 5-50 points. This is a very good piece of candy! Finally...
-DOBLE! This is the one everyone wants to get, because if they pull that one out, instead of playing for $100,000, they are playing for $200,000 pesos! (That's a lot of pesos, mi amigos!)

**Notes: The lollipop basket only appears in the second half of the show, or the end of the hour-long extravaganza...and the "Dinero Extra" wasn't on for the start of the season, and I don't think it lasted very long at all.

Other new wrinkles....there are now flashbacks from past shows in-between commercial breaks, so keep an eye out for those, and also little survey questions in a segment called "La Pregunta del Recuerdo" in-between commercial breaks in case a show runs short (like today's show). Very nice changes, IMHO.

So, there ya go...phew! Enjoy the pictures, everyone.

BTW, the new theme song is somewhat inspired by the old 100MD theme...which was somewhat inspired by the FF theme...so in a way...you get the point.

Vamos a Jugar!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 05:57:07 AM by jdhernandez »
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Pyramid80

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 06:52:37 AM »
I have never seen this show, but I must say that I do like the looks of the new set.  I have no idea what the old one looked like either.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 05:46:39 PM »
And all I have to say is: "La encuesta dice: Estos fotos son muy bueno!"

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 09:55:38 PM »
Well I saw 100MD today, and I think the new set looks kind of like what would happen if the Karn FF and original 100MD sets mated and gave birth.  Also is slightly FF94-ish in that things seemed a little minimalized and darkened.  But I'm largely positive about it.  And of course the Dinero Rapido Lollipop Game!  They also do a good job with the one hour format, and it seemed nowhere as watered down as FF Challenge was.  

I liked one 100MD "moment" from tonight in particular: I believe the question was "Name a famous, muscular man," and the contestant said "Marco Antonio Regil" :-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.