Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Disclaimers  (Read 55450 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: Game Show Disclaimers
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2023, 08:04:43 PM »
Ron Anderson was one of our stand-ins so you never saw him on the air. One day over lunch he revealed that he was a singer on the Welk show. Who knew? He's in a couple of videos on YouTube.

Chief-O

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2023, 09:42:01 PM »
it was speculated that since Angie was filmed, the production team didn't want to find a way to get film cameras into ABC Television Center (videotape cameras).

Now Fridays on the other hand, which had a parody I posted about previously, did perform at ABC TV Center, but they only reused the podiums for the faceoff and contestants and had the backgrounds built anew. Other sitcoms, even if they aired on another network (e.g. NBC Mama's Family going onto the actual Feud set), had no issues going onto the actual set.

When "Cheers"---a filmed program---did the "Jeopardy!" scenes for "What is....Cliff Clavin?", they went to J!'s actual studio on the KTLA/Hollywood Center lot.
.....and it goes like this!!!

SuperMatch93

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2023, 10:56:32 PM »
Now Fridays on the other hand, which had a parody I posted about previously, did perform at ABC TV Center, but they only reused the podiums for the faceoff and contestants and had the backgrounds built anew. Other sitcoms, even if they aired on another network (e.g. NBC Mama's Family going onto the actual Feud set), had no issues going onto the actual set.

I always wondered what Richard thought of that parody, or if he mentioned it on the air. He said in an interview that he liked SNL's parody of the show, except that Bill Murray was too tall to play him convincingly.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2023, 03:05:33 AM »
Pardon the name dropping, but it was nice seeing my friend Gene Wood on camera.

Neumms

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2023, 02:41:34 PM »
I'm thinking I wasn't the only one that started the video from the beginning just to hear the opening theme (one of my all time favorites), only to find it was mainly skipped.

Nope.

The classic Odd Couple episode when the fellas played Password was on a lousy fake set, but the plot had Allen and Betty in New York. That could also be why Angie didn't use the real one; it was a road episode in Philly.

gameboy2000

« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2023, 05:28:44 AM »
From Win Ben Stein's Money when Ben becomes a contestant in round 2

"From this point forward, Ben has no advanced knowledge of any of the questions to be asked."
gameboy2000.weebly.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2023, 09:58:12 AM »
From Win Ben Stein's Money when Ben becomes a contestant in round 2

"From this point forward, Ben has no advanced knowledge of any of the questions to be asked."
The credits also mention that it’s the production company’s money, and not Ben’s.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2023, 12:23:34 PM »
^ The full disclaimer:
"'Ben Stein's Money' is the prize budget furnished by the producer. Ben Stein keeps the money in the prize budget not won by the contestants at the end of each production period. If during the production period the winnings exceed the prize budget, producer pays the overage."

Kevin Prather

« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2023, 03:05:09 PM »
So Ben Stein was competing for the money just the same as the contestants.

nowhammies10

« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2023, 04:18:31 PM »
In a sense, yes. Ben didn't front the prize budget himself, but anything that was left over during a production cycle went to him.

JepMasta

« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2023, 12:48:11 PM »
Whenever Temptation described a car, they'd always state the value and add "plus on-road costs." I don't think I've ever heard that sort-of disclaimer about a car on another show.

I've never, either, but I suspect it's the Aussie way of saying "plus tax and license," which Jay used to do on LMaD.

That is exactly right. “On road costs” are basically your MOT tax in Australia, and other things you have to pay in order to own a car