The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN Classic

(1/9) > >>

AmazingErikZ:
What I mean by this is, sinceGSN is the way it is today, with mostly newer shows and recent reruns, shouldn't they create a sister network for GSN devoted to classic game shows?

I mean, since Cartoon Network has Boomerang and Nickelodeon has TV Land, why can't GSN do the same?

Considering starting in March, there won't be anymore Family Feud reruns in the daily 5-5:30 slot. Plus, who knows what'll happen with the daily 6:30 Match Game in the near future.

I would certainly want a GSN Classic channel. It would be fantastic to see more of the classics again. What do you all think?

Kevin Prather:
Good LORD, great minds think alike. I posted the same idea what couldn't be more than thirty seconds after you!

clemon79:
[quote name=\'AmazingErikZ\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 02:07 PM\'] What I mean by this is, sinceGSN is the way it is today, with mostly newer shows and recent reruns, shouldn't they create a sister network for GSN devoted to classic game shows?

I mean, since Cartoon Network has Boomerang and Nickelodeon has TV Land, why can't GSN do the same?

Considering starting in March, there won't be anymore Family Feud reruns in the daily 5-5:30 slot. Plus, who knows what'll happen with the daily 6:30 Match Game in the near future.

I would certainly want a GSN Classic channel. It would be fantastic to see more of the classics again. What do you all think? [/quote]
 And you clearly haven't been reading this board, because we've rehashed this topic about 400 times with the same conclusion: Love to see it, not gonna happen.

Kevin Prather:
I guess I'll rephrase my comment. Great minds think alike...and so do ours!

Incidentally, has it been confirmed that it won't happen?

Chelsea Thrasher:
[quote name=\'AmazingErikZ\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:07 PM\'] Considering starting in March, there won't be anymore Family Feud reruns in the daily 5-5:30 slot. [/quote]
 Horse hockey (which is a really amusing sport, if you've never seen it).  Quick look at the schedule on Adlink shows that the Feud/Feud/Pyramid/MG block is held completely intact once again (That block, despite all the other sched changes, has been held in THAT formation in THOSe slots since May 2001, IIRC.  That's 3 years with those 4 shows in those slots.)

Anyway, as much as I'd love a GSN Classics channel, it won't happen.  Why? Because TV Networks hate us, and program their entire existences around making us upset.  (And, since a growing number of people can't tell the difference, YES, that was sarcasm.  I just love it when I have to explain sarcasm to folks)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version