The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR "Prime Time Party" beg. February 6th

<< < (46/60) > >>

Sodboy13:
One thing I'm noticing with these new CS episodes: As the Perry version progressed, the game got tighter and faster. As the Eubanks version went through the years, it got sloppier and slower. We're getting one full game per show with the Money Cards at the top because the contestants are giving dissertations and Bob is pulling teeth to get a story out of the in-person survey group.

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: Sodboy13 on May 01, 2019, 12:50:39 AM ---One thing I'm noticing with these new CS episodes: As the Perry version progressed, the game got tighter and faster. As the Eubanks version went through the years, it got sloppier and slower. We're getting one full game per show with the Money Cards at the top because the contestants are giving dissertations and Bob is pulling teeth to get a story out of the in-person survey group.

--- End quote ---

Seems to me that after the first few months of playing it straight, the show struggled against $OTC ratings wise. Then Mimi O'Brien basically restructured the show around Eubanks's Newlywed Game skills which involved mining humor/smart ass commentary out of everyone and thing. Eventually the actual card game became an afterthought and they could go a whole show without playing the Money Cards.

Tyshaun

SRIV94:
The big problem I had was contestants not freezing in obvious freezing situations, and going when there’s no impetus to do so (the $500 bonus the Perry version offered for a 5-card run was nonexistent, but people would go anyway and inevitably be wrong).

SRIV94:
FTR, Perry’s version back tonight.

Strikerz04:
Re: Perry’s Version

Were there rushed endings to the end plugs for these episodes (if you could remember the original broadcasts)? Or was this craftily edited?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version