Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Big Fan with Andy Richter starts on ABC Jan. 9  (Read 6845 times)

BillCullen1

Big Fan with Andy Richter starts on ABC Jan. 9
« on: December 14, 2016, 05:32:48 PM »
According to Buzzerblog, the above show starts January 9th on ABC. Andy Richter hosts. Two contestants go head to head to see who knows more about a featured celebrity. The winner gets to go to the final round facing off against that celebrity.

trainman

Re: Big Fan with Andy Richter starts on ABC Jan. 9
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:52:54 PM »
No sold unless Andy's questions are just "Memba him?" and "Memba her?"

trainman is a man of trains

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:17:50 AM »
Tonight's the night - 10 pm EST on ABC.

calliaume

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 09:28:45 AM »
Not a particularly good review in Entertainment Weekly, but I think they were looking more at the concept than gameplay.  I'm just impressed they got Matthew McConaughey to do the show, but I fear the big names will lessen if the show runs for awhile ("Tonight's celebrity subject - Andrea Barber!").

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »
To the degree that I'm concerned about it, my concern is that they're stretching out a five-minute bit from a variety show into a one-hour program.
Travis L. Eberle

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »
There was word that TBS was going to cut Conan to once a week, but it's apparently not going to happen.  The earlier belief was probably why Andy took on this GS hosting gig.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
To the degree that I'm concerned about it, my concern is that they're stretching out a five-minute bit from a variety show into a one-hour program.
It's just a half-hour show, so that should work out a bit better.  Tonight's subjects, for those who care, are Matthew McConaughey in the first episode and Aaron Rodgers in the nightcap.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:52:07 PM »
The earlier belief was probably why Andy took on this GS hosting gig.

Or, you know, someone offered him some money to host some game shows taped over the weekend when he's not working anyhow, and he likes money.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 01:30:57 AM »
It's nice to see a game show that doesn't look like it was directed by Michael Bay.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 01:36:45 AM »
There was word that TBS was going to cut Conan to once a week, but it's apparently not going to happen.  The earlier belief was probably why Andy took on this GS hosting gig.

Where in the hell did this so called word come from?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 01:56:52 AM »
In David's defense, I did see a headline a few days ago about a meeting Conan had with TBS. Lemme see if I can find it; I only glanced over said headline.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/media/conan-obrien-tbs-weekly-format/ Still very early in the process, apparently.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 02:03:15 AM »
In David's defense, I did see a headline a few days ago about a meeting Conan had with TBS. Lemme see if I can find it; I only glanced over said headline.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/media/conan-obrien-tbs-weekly-format/ Still very early in the process, apparently.

Several conflicting reports too, but at least now I know this has been legitimately discussed by other sources and isn't David merely misinterpreting something he read.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 07:45:04 AM »
Several conflicting reports too, but at least now I know this has been legitimately discussed by other sources and isn't David merely misinterpreting something he read.

Still quite a leap to say that was the reason Andy took the gig, seeing as how Andy has taken many other gigs, including a time-consuming sitcom, while Conan's daily sideman.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 09:36:00 AM »
It's nice to see a game show that doesn't look like it was directed by Michael Bay.

And that *isn't* played for a Life. Changing. Sum. of. MONEY!

And that is a half-hour long.
czambo@mac.com

PYLdude

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »

Still quite a leap to say that was the reason Andy took the gig, seeing as how Andy has taken many other gigs, including a time-consuming sitcom, while Conan's daily sideman.

True, this.