Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Karn Family Intro's  (Read 1567 times)

Stevek83

Karn Family Intro's
« on: January 22, 2004, 12:41:30 PM »
It seems as if the "introducing the family members" part of the show is faster now, since the 9/15 premeire episodes? It just seems like they made Richard move faster to start the game. My guess is that they're trying to save time, however i like it better when Richard has more time to chat w/ them before the game. But hey, at least they bought back the "First family to 300 points" rule.

TV Favorites

Karn Family Intro's
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 03:07:34 PM »
Personally, I like the way the intros are handled this season more than last season, with a few exceptions:

(1)  The family members names need to be announced during Burton's intros.  They don't even have to zoom in on each member like last season, but it would be nice to have a quick rundown of the names.

(2)  I REALLY wish whoever came up with the stupid intros for Richard had kept the idea to themselves (i.e.  And now, the star of our show, the Lord of the Board, Mr. Richard Karn!).  If they are looking to save so much time, why add that in for this season?  Personally, a simple "with the star of Family Feud/our show Richard Karn!" would be better to me.

This season, Richard meets both families before the game starts instead of meeting the family when they take control of a question or after the first commercials.  Much more like the original versions.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 03:08:27 PM by TV Favorites »

BrandonFG

Karn Family Intro's
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 05:26:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 03:07 PM\'] Personally, I like the way the intros are handled this season more than last season, with a few exceptions:

(1)  The family members names need to be announced during Burton's intros.  They don't even have to zoom in on each member like last season, but it would be nice to have a quick rundown of the names.

(2)  I REALLY wish whoever came up with the stupid intros for Richard had kept the idea to themselves (i.e.  And now, the star of our show, the Lord of the Board, Mr. Richard Karn!).  If they are looking to save so much time, why add that in for this season?  Personally, a simple "with the star of Family Feud/our show Richard Karn!" would be better to me.

This season, Richard meets both families before the game starts instead of meeting the family when they take control of a question or after the first commercials.  Much more like the original versions. [/quote]
 I actually liked both intros, but I think that they feel a bit rushed this season. Honestly, I'd like to see them do the poses that they did on the Dawson/Combs versions...possibly start with a pose on the big screen, then zoom out to the actual family.

I agree with the little intros for Richard; they're corny and they remind me of those dumb rhymes they did during the first Anderson season.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TV Favorites

Karn Family Intro's
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 08:32:13 PM »
Not to mention that they use the same rhymes over and over again.

Stevek83

Karn Family Intro's
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 11:32:58 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 03:07 PM\'] This season, Richard meets both families before the game starts instead of meeting the family when they take control of a question or after the first commercials.  Much more like the original versions. [/quote]
 Actually what i meant was, at the beginning of season 5, Richard would talk to one family member on each side after they introduced their relatives and their occupations, however, it seems that later into the season, the family introduction moves faster and without any idle chit chat.

I like last seasons opening better, too and I miss hearing the names of the family members .