Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Arthur Forrest  (Read 5603 times)

thunder27263

Arthur Forrest
« on: February 11, 2004, 09:32:37 PM »
Does anyone know about The TV Producer Arthur Forrest?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Arthur Forrest
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 10:35:29 PM »
[quote name=\'thunder27263\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 08:32 PM\'] Does anyone know about The TV Producer Arthur Forrest? [/quote]
 OK, I'll play it straight here.

Yes.  Long-time producer/director (did the original WONDERAMA in NY as well as the Jerry Lewis MDA telethon for many years).  And if there's a connection between him and your two favorite cheerleaders (other than they all having the same last name), Google doesn't indicate such (not to say there isn't, of course).

Thank you and good night.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

melman1

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 12:34:05 AM »
Hmm.  Last time we were treated an outburst of such musings, our of our Esteemed Executive Producers wrote:

"The situation has been resolved. Move along, there's nothing to see here."

I'm confused.  I guess it wasn't resolved in the way we'd assumed.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Chief-O

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 07:29:52 AM »
Actually, he does have a game show connection. IIRC, he was one of the directors of "Money Maze".
.....and it goes like this!!!

zachhoran

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 07:52:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:29 AM\'] Actually, he does have a game show connection. IIRC, he was one of the directors of "Money Maze". [/quote]
 If the IMDB is to be believed(it does have occasional inaccuracies as we've pointed out), Arthur was also a director on Knockout, That's Incredible, and Whose Line is it Anyway?

tvrandywest

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 08:31:27 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 04:52 AM\'] If the IMDB is to be believed(it does have occasional inaccuracies as we've pointed out), Arthur was also a director on Knockout, That's Incredible, and Whose Line is it Anyway? [/quote]
 And his son is one of the bigtime stage managers in town who works on a fair number of game shows, Paul Forrest. In fact we've had this conversation already, back about a year or two ago. Search for it if you are really interested in Paul and/or Art.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Matt Ottinger

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 10:35:58 AM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 01:34 AM\'] Hmm.  Last time we were treated an outburst of such musings, our of our Esteemed Executive Producers wrote:

"The situation has been resolved. Move along, there's nothing to see here."

I'm confused.  I guess it wasn't resolved in the way we'd assumed. [/quote]
 I fail to see what's wrong with the original question (and find the reference to "outburst" particularly bizarre), and the responses in this thread have given us information about the game show credits of a television professional.  It's only the people who are more interested in reacting AT a post rather than TO one who threaten to take this thread someplace it doesn't need to go.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

melman1

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 02:11:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 08:35 AM\'] I fail to see what's wrong with the original question (and find the reference to "outburst" particularly bizarre) [/quote]
 Check your email.

It's only the people who are more interested in reacting AT a post rather than TO one who threaten to take this thread someplace it doesn't need to go.

That's a semantic I just can't figure out, I'm afraid.

inturnaround

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 02:50:39 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 02:11 PM\']

That's a semantic I just can't figure out, I'm afraid. [/quote]
 You freaked out at what you thought the post meant rather than what was actually said. That was my take on what he meant.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

melman1

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 07:09:25 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 12:50 PM\'] You freaked out at what you thought the post meant rather than what was actually said. That was my take on what he meant. [/quote]
I guess it wasn't clear that I was trying to comment on the first post in the thread... not on Doug's reply.  If folks have been confused by that, I apologize, I should have quoted Mr. Mullally.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 07:15:57 PM by melman1 »

davemackey

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 11:50:07 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:29 AM\'] Actually, he does have a game show connection. IIRC, he was one of the directors of "Money Maze". [/quote]
If the IMDB is to be believed(it does have occasional inaccuracies as we've pointed out), Arthur was also a director on Knockout, That's Incredible, and Whose Line is it Anyway? [/quote]
 I actually made the correction to the "Knockout" entry at IMDB that had Arthur Forrest listed as a videotape editor... he was indeed the show's director.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Arthur Forrest
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 12:27:53 AM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 06:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 12:50 PM\'] You freaked out at what you thought the post meant rather than what was actually said. That was my take on what he meant. [/quote]
I guess it wasn't clear that I was trying to comment on the first post in the thread... not on Doug's reply.  If folks have been confused by that, I apologize, I should have quoted Mr. Mullally. [/quote]
And I guess I'm as guilty as anybody--knowing Thunder's couple of obsessions (at least the ones pointed out here and back on Usenet) I tried to put a pre-emptive strike into any possible follow-up regarding any relationship between Arthur Forrest and the two FUN HOUSE cheerleaders in attempting to answer his "on the surface" query.  So don't feel too bad, Melman.  :)

Doug
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 12:28:03 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Arthur Forrest
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 01:22:43 AM »
Let's confine the discussion to Arthur Forrest, please.

uncamark

Arthur Forrest
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 01:19:42 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 13 2004, 01:22 AM\']Let's confine the discussion to Arthur Forrest, please.[/quote]
[Jerry Lewis] DO IT, ARTIE!  ROLL THOSE NUMBERS, BABY!  OH YEAHHH!  OHYEAHH! [JL]