Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Body Language - Illegal Clue SFX  (Read 3803 times)

daveromanjr

Body Language - Illegal Clue SFX
« on: January 20, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »
I was watching an episode of Body Language last night.  Jim J Bullock inadvertently said, while pantomiming, the word. Tom did a combination yell/chuckle and then the illegal clue SFX from Password Plus+ and Super Password played.  I never heard that SFX out of the Super Password Plus+ realm but how many times would a person yell the word out in Body Language anyway.

I figured if anybody would care it'd be you folks here.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

chrisholland03

Re: Body Language - Illegal Clue SFX
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:51:18 AM »
Illegal clues were fairly rare in Body Language - the other occurrence that comes to mind was Jonelle Allen acting out 'Snore'.  Unfortunately for the contestant it was during the Bonus Transmogrify round, which basically ended the game (to much confusion).

Also of interest was how far players would go in acting out genders.  When they go too far they'd switch to a full screen shot of the guesser (and hear some chuckles).

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 10:41:06 AM »
I recall it happening once in the first half of a sweepstakes round by a contestant who looked like Colin Mochrie. They sounded the horn and moved on.
Travis L. Eberle

Mr. Matté

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:57:38 AM »
I thought I remember hearing one time the word being acted out was "team," but the contestant was getting frustrated at not getting it ([AllenLudden]Try that one at home[/AllenLudden]). He then just blurted out "TEAM!" I definitely did not hear the P+ illegal clue SFX (the CBS buzzer may have sounded a couple of times) and Tom walking over to him basically telling him "nice clue!"

chrisholland03

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
I thought I remember hearing one time the word being acted out was "team," but the contestant was getting frustrated at not getting it ([AllenLudden]Try that one at home[/AllenLudden]). He then just blurted out "TEAM!" I definitely did not hear the P+ illegal clue SFX (the CBS buzzer may have sounded a couple of times) and Tom walking over to him basically telling him "nice clue!"

Now that you mention it - recall that one as well -- they used the TPiR overbid buzzer on that occasion.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
Is it just me, or did Body Language have some really strange words to be a Charades game? I've watched a handful of times and frequently asked myself "How in the world do you act that word out?"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 02:34:50 PM »
Yes, they had strange words and strange puzzles. That was the point, and why as an adult I enjoy it so.
Travis L. Eberle

chrisholland03

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 11:50:20 AM »

Yep, that was a whole lot of awkward

thomas_meighan

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
Is it just me, or did Body Language have some really strange words to be a Charades game? I've watched a handful of times and frequently asked myself "How in the world do you act that word out?"

The Party Game, which aired in Canada during the 70s, also had some words and phrases that would seem impossible to act out, yet the participants (especially the "home team") usually managed it. To act out phrases, they of course used little charades conventions like forming "A" and "T" (for "the") with their fingers.

They would also indicate soundalike clues by pointing to their ear, or would use snipping or stretching actions to get the guesser to cut back or add some letters or syllables. One of several clips posted on YT:

Don't know whether these techniques would be permitted on Body Language, though. The letter forming surely wouldn't.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 04:44:46 PM »
Yes, they had strange words and strange puzzles. That was the point, and why as an adult I enjoy it so.

Co-sign. The first round not mattering was actually a positive in this sense, as you could have entertaining things for the celebrity to act out and not worry about it hurting a contestant. And with only 5 responses over 60 seconds, why not throw in something fun?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Otm Shank

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 02:30:58 AM »
Here is the illegal clue from the OP. Occurs in the front part of the bonus game.

I also remember an illegal clue using the "overbid" buzzes on one show. I believe that sound was used in the main game, because an illegal clue ended the pantomime immediately. I seem to remember a bit of a Tarzan yell emanated out, but that is working off a very old brain.