Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Annoyance  (Read 2468 times)

Sunfox

Family Feud Annoyance
« on: January 20, 2004, 04:51:56 AM »
There's one thing that always bugs me about Family Faud: in the final round when a family successfully obtains over 200 points, if there are remaining unrevealed answers they never show how well those responses would have done.

I realize that once obtaining  200 points the family has already got their $20,000 and could probably care less about having 238 points instead of 204, but MY curiousity is peaked and I always wonder how much over 200 points they really did go.

All they'd have to do is reveal ALL the answers on the board a second after revealing the "winning" answer, or have the board display the full results during the final scenes when they're panning around, instead of switching to the useless "Family Feud" logo (I already know what I just watched!).

Sigh...

Jay Temple

Family Feud Annoyance
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 08:49:05 PM »
I used to save the questions.  (I don't know why;  I didn't have anyone else I could play it with.)  I always wanted them to do that too.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

zachhoran

Family Feud Annoyance
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 09:15:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Sunfox\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 04:51 AM\'] There's one thing that always bugs me about Family Faud: in the final round when a family successfully obtains over 200 points, if there are remaining unrevealed answers they never show how well those responses would have done.

I realize that once obtaining  200 points the family has already got their $20,000 and could probably care less about having 238 points instead of 204, but MY curiousity is peaked and I always wonder how much over 200 points they really did go.

All they'd have to do is reveal ALL the answers on the board a second after revealing the "winning" answer, or have the board display the full results during the final scenes when they're panning around, instead of switching to the useless "Family Feud" logo (I already know what I just watched!).

Sigh... [/quote]
 They actually did reveal the remaning answers and scores after a family hit 200 on some early Combs Feud episodes IIRC.

Ian Wallis

Family Feud Annoyance
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 09:48:53 AM »
They actually did reveal the remaning answers and scores after a family hit 200 on some early Combs Feud episodes IIRC.

Yes, I saw a couple of those where the answers just appeared on the board while the family was celebrating, and Ray didn't even announce them.  The director didn't even show closeups of the board so you'd have to squint a bit to see the numbers.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Casey

Family Feud Annoyance
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 10:38:35 AM »
Only a theory on my part, but it would seem rather anticlimatic.  The family gets to 200 points on the second player's first answer.  Music plays, the family celebrates, lights flash, "You've got the cash!! Now, everyone quiet down.  Let's see the remaining answers."

It wouldn't flow correctly.  If they just revealed the answers without announcing them and maybe took a close shot at the board, that'd probably be better, but really, the family (and the audience save a curious few) probably wouldn't care if they got to 250 points or not.

Sunfox

Family Feud Annoyance
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 08:20:52 AM »
I don't need them to read them out, just have the information on the board for those who care to look. Sometimes it would be really interesting to see how much "overkill" there was, especially when it was the first, second or third answer that pushed them over.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud Annoyance
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 11:57:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Sunfox\' date=\'Jan 22 2004, 06:20 AM\'] I don't need them to read them out, just have the information on the board for those who care to look. Sometimes it would be really interesting to see how much "overkill" there was, especially when it was the first, second or third answer that pushed them over. [/quote]
Naw, I don't agree. I could care less what the other answers scored once they're over 200. I just wanna know if I guessed right as to what was #1.

Isucgv is right, if they interrupted the celebration for that information, it would take away from it. Kicking it to break while everyone is jumping around is the way to go.

(This is something that annoys the HELL out of me about game shows today, BTW. I think it sucks that shows are so cramped nowadays that the bonus game and the bye-bye have to be in the same segment. They should bust up one of the mid-breaks so they can do a "We'll be back to tally it all up after this!", and then a proper :30 bye-bye. Pyramid pulled off four breaks per show back when it didn't suck, I don't see why a couple of those in-show breaks couldn't be broken down from 2:00 to 1:30 to get a 1:00 in before the end.)

I DO think a quick recap of the #1 answers that they didn't mention during play would be nice, and could be done quickly. Again, a nice bone to throw to the halcyon days of the show.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 11:58:29 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

Family Feud Annoyance
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »
I think the value of showing the point values on the unneeded answers is that, if you care to know, you can see whether it was important that their first answers were good.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.