Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: High Rollers Question  (Read 2783 times)

fthrmulcahy

High Rollers Question
« on: June 18, 2016, 03:26:52 PM »
Apologize if this has been asked and answered already...was watching High Rollers clips online and had a question...

If a player was playing the big numbers and had insurance markers, could one be used for staying out of a situation where only a 1 was left? For example, if a player had a marker, a board with 1-4-7, and rolled 11, could a marker be used to avoid taking off 4-7 and ending the game?

And whether allowed or not, has someone seen this situation? I haven't seen it in any clips yet.

whewfan

Re: High Rollers Question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 03:58:47 PM »
If there's only a 1 left, game is over. There is no way to roll a one, and an insurance marker will be of no help. I remember it happening once on Wink's version. Can't say if it's ever happened on Trebek's version.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »
No, because at that point an eleven is a good roll.
Travis L. Eberle

Mr. Matté

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
If there's only a 1 left, game is over. There is no way to roll a one, and an insurance marker will be of no help. I remember it happening once on Wink's version. Can't say if it's ever happened on Trebek's version.

dale_grass

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »
If there's only a 1 left, game is over. There is no way to roll a one, and an insurance marker will be of no help.

That's not what he's asking about.  He wants to know if he can somehow avoid calling the 11 so he wouldn't be left with the 1.  Based on the above posts (and clip) it seems the answer is no.

snowpeck

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 06:47:45 PM »
Right. An 11 would still be considered a good roll and thus ineligible for the do over an insurance marker allows.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

fthrmulcahy

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 06:51:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies and the clip! Figured as much but thought I'd ask the experts. Never disappointed.