Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: People are Funny: the Movie  (Read 6805 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: People are Funny: the Movie
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »
Could we perhaps not have a fifty-page thread of every appearance of a game show in a feature film?
I don't remember the address of it but about  ten years ago there was a website devoted to game shows seen elsewhere, so you could find all of the instances of a particular game show as seen in fleeting glances or indeed the main point of the plot, or even fictional game shows where an episode would focus on how the characters did.

/the chances of them doing well are about on par with it being Lupus.
Travis L. Eberle

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 11:16:16 PM »
A good subject for a biopic might be Paul Lynde. That was one unhappy queen.

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 11:41:45 PM »
The best thing about "People Are Funny" is The Vagabonds.   Having said that though, even though their blackface scene is done as an in-joke (you know-- "The network suits are so dumb they don't think there's anything suspicious about a guy who talks like Rochester, and sings like Louis Prima?!?"), it's still pretty cringe-worthy.

- Kevin

Marc412

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 11:48:15 PM »
I don't remember the address of it but about  ten years ago there was a website devoted to game shows seen elsewhere, so you could find all of the instances of a particular game show as seen in fleeting glances or indeed the main point of the plot, or even fictional game shows where an episode would focus on how the characters did.
I think this might be it:
http://www.qwizx.com/gameshows/gsiomfaq.html

alfonzos

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 11:13:57 PM »
Okay, I have watched the movie. It's pretty dreary for a comedy. I didn't crack a smile until about an hour in and those gags are awfully visual for a radio show!
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos