Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Primetime Specials to Return  (Read 14628 times)

nowhammies10

Re: TPIR Primetime Specials to Return
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2016, 08:37:53 AM »
This was the first time in two years that $25k was won on Punch-A-Bunch, and the second time overall since they upped the top prize in 2008.

Thunder

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 11:40:26 AM »
I said it before and I'll say it again - I know that there are many "Barker Fanbois" who want nothing to do with the show since he left (even though it's been almost 10 years now - hard to believe!), want the music to stay the same, the look of the games, the set, etc.

The fact is, the show under Barker was pretty much the same show with little change. I really like what they've done with the show since - theme shows, crossovers with other shows, cameos by CBS stars...A good way to keep a nearly 45-year-old show fresh.

This. My wife & I want an hour of TV that's fun to watch. That's all we really ask for and we keep getting it. We're the type of people that perfectly understand why Drew Carey was pissed off when that Ted guy yelled out that perfect showcase bid. We like watching the show because it doesn't take itself very seriously in the end.

We're the vast majority of The Price Is Right's viewers, and the management of the show knows that.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 12:10:53 PM »

The Amazing Race (competing as pairs):

Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl, Season 28

Not sure if I've mentioned it here before or not, but Tyler, who is starting to break out even beyond his zillion-follower YouTube fame, attended the high school where I work.  Really terrific kid, I'm thrilled for him and his success.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

alfonzos

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2016, 05:35:41 PM »
Moral learned by the contestant who took the advice of the Survivor player on last night's That's Too Much!: Don't take pricing advice from someone who has been away from civilization for several months taping a reality show.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos