Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crossover games on LMAD and TPIR this week  (Read 9231 times)

BillCullen1

Crossover games on LMAD and TPIR this week
« on: May 09, 2016, 11:27:32 AM »
This week, the above two shows are doing crossover games. One game from TPIR will be played on LMAD and vice versa. Cast members will also do crossovers. On the shows aired today (5/9)

Cliff Hangers was played on LMAD with special rules. Rachel Reynolds was there and did her impression of The Yodely Guy. On TPIR, Car Pong was played with Wayne, Jonathan and Tiffany there.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Crossover games on LMAD and TPIR this week
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 09:07:37 PM »
What were the modified rules for the games that were swapped?
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »

I only saw Car Pong this morning, and I'm not sure anything was modified. Spotted five seconds, small-prize Danger Price to obtain extra seconds. Seemed pretty straightforward. Does "there was no deal offer at the end" count?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Vgmastr

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »

I only saw Car Pong this morning, and I'm not sure anything was modified. Spotted five seconds, small-prize Danger Price to obtain extra seconds. Seemed pretty straightforward. Does "there was no deal offer at the end" count?

Yeah, the only real difference in Car Pong was using small prizes instead of a trivia question for the extra time.  Cliff Hangers was pretty different, played for golf clubs or a car.  There were three rows of three envelopes, each with a number of steps in it.  The contestant had to pick one envelope from each row.  If the mountain climber finished between 16-21 the contestant won the golf clubs, 22-25 for the car.  If the climber didn't reach 16 or fell off the cliff it was a Zonk.  The contestant was offered a $700 bailout before the final envelope.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 09:47:19 PM »
I wouldn't say that Cliff Hangers is an improvement on the original article but sounds like a great game for the LMAD universe--I wouldn't mind that version of Car Pong showing up on a regular basis. What can I say: I like games with a little physicality to them.

Relevant video has already made it to YT. I don't remember Car Pong looking that snazzy, but holy golly that is a sweet set piece.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:25:05 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 12:54:03 PM »
For May 10

Hole in One was played on LMAD with altered rules. The clips will probably pop up soon. Drew Carey made an appearance. On TPIR, Go For a Spin was played with Tiffany Coyne showing up.

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 05:02:04 PM »
On May 11:

Gold Rush was played in TPIR today. Jonathan assisted Drew during the game. I was not home for LMAD. I'll post that later when the YouTube clip gets posted.

On LMAD, Manuela stopped by and they played Five Price Tags
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:39:49 AM by BillCullen1 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »
For the most part I have enjoyed how the games are integrated into the sister show (though I thought the play-in for Car Pong was insultingly easy), particular plaudits go to the pricing question asked in Go For a Spin where the number is either right side up or upside down: for example $15 or $21, and the reveal is pleasantly similar to Plinko.

I've never cared much for the bucks-or-box deals, though Monty would have several branches of a decision tree to work through, plus I enjoyed his hosting. I was a particular fan of the games that would usually play in the second segment--the longer games of chance that would build up to a big prize, so I like that those games are the ones moving over to TPIR for the week.
Travis L. Eberle

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 01:02:55 AM »
Gold Rush was some weak tea and needed some more fleshing out, but Five Price Tags built synergistically with the blooper from last year and had a devious game to go with.
Travis L. Eberle

Vgmastr

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 08:50:08 AM »
Gold Rush would have benefited greatly with some kind of display for the price of the car where the correct numbers filled in as he was picking them.

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 02:20:38 PM »
So the ma$hups for May 12

Master Key was played on LMAD and Accelerator was played on TPIR.

tvwxman

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 02:44:58 PM »
Gold Rush would have benefited greatly with some kind of display for the price of the car where the correct numbers filled in as he was picking them.
Agreed , but I liked it the most of all the games so far. Make it like LMAD where if you hit dynamite you lose all the money accumulated - and put a display up. Give them a chance to walk with money at any time, and you have.....something a little better.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »
So the ma$hups for May 12

Master Key was played on LMAD and Accelerator was played on TPIR.
Since I don't get home until 10:15 pm it would be awesome if you could add some content, such as for what, how the rules were changed and what you thought of how each game worked into the other show. I know it's more work but we sure would appreciate it. I know I would.
Travis L. Eberle

Vgmastr

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »
Master Key was really no different other than it was played by two contestants, each contestant got to pick a key and were offered a $500 bailout to not try their key in the locks.  So they actually could have given away the car to both contestants if one chose the car key and one chose the Master Key.  For Accelerator, the contestant was given two free spins and the chance to win three more by putting four grocery items in order from least expensive to most expensive a la Hole in One.  Collecting C, A and R won the car, and landing on a Zonk meant losing any money accumulated but they could still spin again if they had spins remaining.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 06:30:11 PM »
So does the show treat those cash bailouts as offers from Walter P. Smythe, or is Wayne empowered and empaneled to increase it? Because that cash buyout against what you described it just silliness.
Travis L. Eberle