Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC bringing back Match Game  (Read 95844 times)

Kniwt

Re: ABC bringing back Match Game
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
Sure hope that new set is coming along quickly! From the promos that were airing as recently as last Sunday, it seems that they didn't even have a set for Mr. Baldwin to stand on. (Or, perhaps, maybe they have created the absolutely mostest faithfulest rendition EVAR of the classic set and are waiting to surprise North America on premiere night.)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2016, 02:57:15 PM »
Sure hope that new set is coming along quickly! From the promos that were airing as recently as last Sunday, it seems that they didn't even have a set for Mr. Baldwin to stand on. (Or, perhaps, maybe they have created the absolutely mostest faithfulest rendition EVAR of the classic set and are waiting to surprise North America on premiere night.)

They likely shot all of the promos in one day.  Baldwin doesn't work cheap.  So no way they'd have the set ready then.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

DoItRockapella

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »
Tickets are now being sent to those who signed up on the waiting list. Taping dates announced so far are June 15 and 16. My ticket is for the 16th at 10:30 am.

I have my ticket now also - June 16 at 2:30PM.

whewfan

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2016, 07:26:17 AM »
I got my ticket too for June 16th at 2:30... those that saw the Pyramid tapings, how long did that take? I want to go by Megabus and I want to be sure the bus I take back won't be too early.

aaron sica

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »
I got my ticket too for June 16th at 2:30... those that saw the Pyramid tapings, how long did that take? I want to go by Megabus and I want to be sure the bus I take back won't be too early.

The fine print at the bottom of the ticket said that the taping will last until approximately 7:30.

BillCullen1

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2016, 11:53:29 AM »
Kelly Ripa announced this morning (6/9) that Alec Baldwin will be her co-host on Live Friday. Match Game will most likely be a topic of discussion.

whewfan

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
Wow... 5 hours for a taping? I wonder how many shows they'll do. I am guessing it won't be done to time and lots of editing will be done, a la Steve Harvey Feud.

mmm111

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »

They were very well prepared for Pyramid.  They started on time, and finished an hour later.  We saw a 30-minute episode plus a huge number of promos filmed for the entire game show block.  We didn't know Match Game was going to be part of the block at the time.  We assumed it was Feud, TTTT, and Pyramid.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2016, 09:46:07 PM »
Wow... 5 hours for a taping? I wonder how many shows they'll do. I am guessing it won't be done to time and lots of editing will be done, a la Steve Harvey Feud.

Always expect this any time you go to a taping. Plan on being there for at least three and a half hours. And if it's the first day of taping, even longer.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jamey Greek

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2016, 12:23:17 AM »

They were very well prepared for Pyramid.  They started on time, and finished an hour later.  We saw a 30-minute episode plus a huge number of promos filmed for the entire game show block.  We didn't know Match Game was going to be part of the block at the time.  We assumed it was Feud, TTTT, and Pyramid.

I assumed that too

Clay Zambo

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
Wow... 5 hours for a taping? I wonder how many shows they'll do.

A source tells me there will be multiple episodes per taping session.
czambo@mac.com

CJBojangles

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2016, 11:49:08 AM »
Alec speaking (albeit briefly) about Match Game: https://youtu.be/nF3Sk8U8Ogg?t=7m16s

whewfan

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 05:42:29 AM »
As I said in a previous post, I am going to see Match Game this Thursday June 16th at 2:30pm.

I've never really been to ABC studios, and I've only been to NY twice. (Once to meet Bob Barker at a book signing, and the other for an improv workshop) With luck, the Megabus will arrive in NY at 10:40 which means I'll have 4 hours to kill.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do, where to eat? I was thinking of going to the Museum of TV and Radio there, but I am not sure timing wise if that would work.

aaron sica

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »
Anyone have any suggestions on what to do, where to eat? I was thinking of going to the Museum of TV and Radio there, but I am not sure timing wise if that would work.

If you want a quick bite, there is a streetcart right up the street from 320 W 66th St (ABC Studios)., I don't know if they are stationary or move around, but I had a food and drink relatively quickly. Where does the Megabus drop you off?

BillCullen1

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2016, 11:05:24 AM »
Most likely Megabus will drop you off at 28th Street & 7th Avenue. There are numerous places to eat there. Then hop on the #1 subway right at 7th Avenue & 28th uptown to 66th Street. Take the crosstown M66 right on 66 Street going to West End Avenue. The studio is across the street.