Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC bringing back Match Game  (Read 95869 times)

Matt Ottinger

Re: ABC bringing back Match Game
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »
To those with access to Thursdays ratings:  How did the encore presentation of Match Game perform against the other Thursday Night offerings?

It won its time slot, against a rerun of Code Black on CBS and a new episode of Aquarius on NBC.  Other shows on the night fared better overall (tops was a Big Bang rerun), but interestingly, it did slightly better than a NEW episode of Battlebots on ABC.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/07/01/tv-ratings-thursday-june-30-2016/
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

calliaume

« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2016, 04:20:39 PM »
A bunch more future celebrities (including another Sports Night alum and a Tony-award winning actress) are listed here:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Kristin-Chenoweth-Jason-Alexander-More-Set-for-ABCs-MATCH-GAME-20160630#

Smart to bring in lots of different people to start; they can pick who's best at the show as regular or recurring panelists should the show come back later on.

byrd62

« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »
But will that be Sarah Palin on the Match Game panel....or Tina Fey (another of Alec's colleagues from 30Rock) as Sarah?

gamed121683

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2016, 05:23:38 PM »
A bunch more future celebrities (including another Sports Night alum and a Tony-award winning actress) are listed here:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Kristin-Chenoweth-Jason-Alexander-More-Set-for-ABCs-MATCH-GAME-20160630#

Smart to bring in lots of different people to start; they can pick who's best at the show as regular or recurring panelists should the show come back later on.

I concur! I know the episodes are already in the can, but I'm sure the folks over at "Pyramid" were doing the same thing. If so, you can bet that Anthony Anderson has Tony Danza'ed himself to the banished list.

We now return to talking about Match Game '16 already in progress.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »
I'm tickled by the large amount of stage folks represented.  (I'm assuming this is the first time Match Game has been done in New York since the 60s version.)  Actually had a friend of mine in his early thirties, virtually clueless about our genre, tell me he watched "the one with the six celebrities" Sunday night because Sutton Foster was on.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

calliaume

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
I would think Lorne Michaels would have a limo chauffeuring people directly between 30 Rockefeller Center and the ABC studio.  It's a great way to promote all the projects he's involved in.  Having one of the upcoming Ghostbusters (Leslie Jones) is a pretty nice coup.  Leah Remini may be interesting.

Side note: Sheryl Crow is playing Ribfest here in Naperville tomorrow night.  It's usually for artists on the way up or the way down, but Crow's a pretty big name for this event.  (We did have Heart here in 2007, and they've had two top 30 albums since then.)  I'm trying to talk my family into going.

daveromanjr

« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »
But will that be Sarah Palin on the Match Game panel....or Tina Fey (another of Alec's colleagues from 30Rock) as Sarah?
I loved at the taping that we in the audience had to agree not to boo her when she was introduced.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
I loved at the taping that we in the audience had to agree not to boo her when she was introduced.

Seriously? They make you sign something?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Thunder

« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2016, 11:13:21 AM »
Probably not sign something, but they're not responsible for the medical costs of a size 12 boot rectal extraction process.

DYosua

« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »

Seriously? They make you sign something?
No, Frank Nicotero went around to each section of the audience and (off mic) asked everyone to be respectful and cheer when she was introduced.

clemon79

« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2016, 08:48:58 PM »
That's reasonable. In return for getting to watch the show you agree to give them the performance they need.

"Hey, we know she's a loathsome sub-human pile of caribou dung, but do us a solid and clap anyhow, ok?"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
The idea of being a respectful audience doesn't do it for you, does it.

/you really should have your PDS checked out. I'm getting concerned.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »
The idea of being a respectful audience doesn't do it for you, does it.

I believe I just said that it made perfect sense. I just think it's both funny and very telling that they had to beg.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »
It does remind me of grade-school music recitals in that way. The difference is that you don't have to go see Match Game.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2016, 11:13:15 PM »
The difference is that you don't have to go see Match Game.

Absolutely true. It's in fact probably a little telling on both sides, that people even need to be reminded about basic audience decorum.