Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Secret Square Question  (Read 4878 times)

BrandonFG

Secret Square Question
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2004, 01:28:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 01:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 11:01 PM\'] Anyone who attended one of the first tapings of H2 in 1998 can tell you why.  When Brian Austin Greene was a secret square and the monitors weren't blacked out, the audience went crazy.  The contestant took the hint and picked him first.  They ended up restarting the game with a new secret square. [/quote]
Has it really only been six years?  Somehow I don't think that Mr. Green would inspire such an enthusiastic response today. [/quote]
 I can't remember, but was he still on 90210 by 1998?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

gameshowguy2000

Secret Square Question
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2004, 01:54:09 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 11:36 AM\']
Anyone who attended one of the first tapings of H2 in 1998 can tell you why. When Brian Austin Greene was a secret square and the monitors weren't blacked out, the audience went crazy. The contestant took the hint and picked him first. They ended up restarting the game with a new secret square.

And they also ended up giving the SS prize to both contestants, as well.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Wow! Amazing! Is that the only time both contestants have receieved the SS prize?

BrandonFG

Secret Square Question
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2004, 02:12:37 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 01:54 PM\'] Wow! Amazing! Is that the only time both contestants have receieved the SS prize? [/quote]
 Well, in the first season or two, there were two secret square rounds, so I'm sure it happened in those occasions.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

GS Warehouse

Secret Square Question
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2004, 04:38:24 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 02:12 PM\'] Well, in the first season or two, there were two secret square rounds, so I'm sure it happened in those occasions. [/quote]
 No.  In season 1, game 3 would be a secret square game only if the SS was not won.  From season 2 onward, there was only one SS game.

BrandonFG

Secret Square Question
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 05:09:09 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 02:12 PM\'] Well, in the first season or two, there were two secret square rounds, so I'm sure it happened in those occasions. [/quote]
No.  In season 1, game 3 would be a secret square game only if the SS was not won.  From season 2 onward, there was only one SS game. [/quote]
Now it's coming back to me...I stand corrected.

zachhoran

Secret Square Question
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 07:37:17 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:38 PM\']
No.  In season 1, game 3 would be a secret square game only if the SS was not won.  From season 2 onward, there was only one SS game. [/quote]
 The first season of Bergeron HS didn't have the progressive Secret Square jackpot that seasons two through five did.

gameshowguy2000

Secret Square Question
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 08:18:16 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 06:37 PM\'] [quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 04:38 PM\']
No.  In season 1, game 3 would be a secret square game only if the SS was not won.  From season 2 onward, there was only one SS game. [/quote]
The first season of Bergeron HS didn't have the progressive Secret Square jackpot that seasons two through five did. [/quote]
 That's right. And this season, each Secret Square game has only one prize. If that prize isn't won, it's replaced with a new prize.

This is kinda like what happened in Season 1. If the SS prize is won in neither game 2 nor game 3, that prize is replaced, and the next day, a new prize is offered.