Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed Game- The Lost Episodes?  (Read 1895 times)

SimpsonGeek

Newlywed Game- The Lost Episodes?
« on: January 19, 2004, 12:54:23 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=41671

Anybody heard of this or can explain this?

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 09:36:03 PM »
I believe -- but am not certain -- that it was a bonus tape sent to people who bought "Classic Moments of the Newlywed Game" volumes 1 and 2.  All I know for certain is that a few years ago, I was in a Buck-a-Book outlet in Harvard Square and found all three tapes for $1 apiece.

If you like the Newlywed Game, you'll like these tapes of what are purported to be the best moments from the "private collection" of Bob Eubanks; if you don't, you won't.  Simple as that.

- David

ChuckNet

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 10:13:32 PM »
I believe -- but am not certain -- that it was a bonus tape sent to people who bought "Classic Moments of the Newlywed Game" volumes 1 and 2. All I know for certain is that a few years ago, I was in a Buck-a-Book outlet in Harvard Square and found all three tapes for $1 apiece.

Got mine for about the same price at a Poconos discount store. :-)

If you like the Newlywed Game, you'll like these tapes of what are purported to be the best moments from the "private collection" of Bob Eubanks; if you don't, you won't. Simple as that.

Indeed...if you're a NG and/or GS fan who just has to have these rarities, go for it...however, the production values are really crappy, and the clip quality varies, so keep that in mind.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 10:10:22 AM »
A copy of this videotape also circulates the trade curcuit.  It's been a while since I've watched it, but from what I can remember, a lot of the clips are very well-known.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

AH3RD

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 02:00:48 PM »
Right now, the only "lost" episodes of The Newlywed Game I can think of are the ones from the first season on ABC in 1966, which were shown in black and white.

GSN has yet to show episodes of that era...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 02:03:35 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine