The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Password

(1/1)

passwordplus:
What version of Password does GSN have rights to? It would be great to see those on the schedule in March.

TV Favorites:
Thinking off the top of my head, GSN has the rights (and the tapes) to the following Passwords:

1.  Primetime CBS Episodes
2.  Daytime CBS Episodes (1966-1967 ONLY)
3.  Password Plus
4.  Super Password

I imagine that if any more CBS daytime episodes were found, GSN would have those as well.  As for the ABC destroyed episodes, I imagine that if they were found, GSN would get them as well as part of the MGP package.  I believe they had one surviving episodes converted with the intent to air it, but the quality was too poor.

whampyl03:

--- Quote ---As for the ABC destroyed episodes, I imagine that if they were found, GSN would get them as well as part of the MGP package. I believe they had one surviving episodes converted with the intent to air it, but the quality was too poor.
--- End quote ---

I've heard that they have had one episode of ABC Password.  I say "had" because it was apparently destroyed in the conversion to DigiBeta.

uncamark:
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Jan 19 2004, 05:17 PM\']
--- Quote ---As for the ABC destroyed episodes, I imagine that if they were found, GSN would get them as well as part of the MGP package. I believe they had one surviving episodes converted with the intent to air it, but the quality was too poor.
--- End quote ---

I've heard that they have had one episode of ABC Password.  I say "had" because it was apparently destroyed in the conversion to DigiBeta.[/quote]
And blame, if you want, the people at Jurassic Park at TV City for that (not that there probably wasn't anything they could do about it if the tape started disintegrating in the VTR), not any "monkeys" at GSN.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version