Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price Is Right is hiring a producer  (Read 3593 times)

Matt Ottinger

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Nick

Re: The Price Is Right is hiring a producer
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 06:52:27 PM »
Would love to see Roger Dobkowitz throw in an application just for the fun of it.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:59:24 PM »
I suppose that those among us who are not pleased with producerial choices would be OK with that particular advertisement, but I haven't heard anything about someone being thanked for their participation at 33, and I figure that sort of news would have made its way to these parts by now.
Travis L. Eberle

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:34:24 PM »
Would love to see Roger Dobkowitz throw in an application just for the fun of it.

I'm sure some of the nutcases that frequent his FB page will make sure he knows it's available.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 11:07:53 PM »
They forgot the most important job duty:

- Act as minion to egomaniacal, unqualified and incompetent emcee and executive producer.

Really? You'd subject Roger to the humiliation of being rejected for his former job? Really?

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »
I haven't heard anything about someone being thanked for their participation at 33, and I figure that sort of news would have made its way to these parts by now.

Not necessarily. There have been a lot of comings and goings at TPIR for the past three years, most of which don't register in the fandom (I personally don't recognize about half of the names in the credits now). And there are a lot of people with "producer" in their job title now, so unless it was one of the really high-ranking producers, it makes sense that a staff change isn't news.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »
They already have.  Roger has the patience of ten saints.

Job's not for me, then.  I have the patience of ten Saint Arnolds.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."