Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upcoming stunts on Buzzr  (Read 7954 times)

snowpeck

Upcoming stunts on Buzzr
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:49 PM »
Got a press release from Buzzr today, mainly touting how they are up to 60% of the country and in all top 10 markets, with further growth expected this year.

Here's the paragraph about new programming initiatives:
Kicking off the New Year, BUZZR will continue to expand its programming by unlocking new episodes from the network’s extensive vault of content.  In addition, the network will honor the country’s largest sporting event by airing special Super Bowl content.  On Super Bowl Sunday, viewers will have the opportunity to tune-in to BUZZR to catch the first BUZZR Bowl, vintage Family Feud episodes from the 80’s featuring the renowned Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders taking on the Dallas Cowboy football players, as well as the AFC quarterbacks going head-to-head with the NFC quarterbacks.  In March, BUZZR will premiere BUZZR Brackets, a March Madness style sweepstakes tournament that will allow viewers to submit their chosen bracket, culminating in the crowning of the greatest game show host of all time.  The fun will then continue throughout the year with additional promotions as BUZZR continues their celebration of 75-years of game show history.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: Upcoming stunts on Buzzr
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:14 PM »
I remember AFC vs. NFC shows from the later Combs run turning up on GSN in the past decade, and they were fun episodes as I remember it. I had written somewhere:

Boomer Esiason (c)/Jim Kelly/Warren Moon/Stan Gelbaugh/Vince Evans
vs.
Steve Young (c)/Steve Beuerlein/Jim Harbaugh/Wade Wilson/Andre Ware

...which featured Steve Young donning the dopiest haircut I'd seen in ages. Let's see if they're the ones that run!

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »
I wonder if the bracket is going to work like the 50 Greatest Game Shows thing GSN did in which they'll show clips and episodes of the chosen host or perhaps hosts in the Final Four. I wonder because if they do include Barker in the competition, I'd be curious if they get at least one episode of Price or just show an episode of Tattletales he hosted (not that I wouldn't mind seeing that either).
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Thunder

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 01:01:42 AM »
The seven people who choose BUZZR over the Super Bowl will enjoy that programming.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:07:40 AM »
The seven people who choose BUZZR over the Super Bowl will enjoy that programming.
As fun as it was rooting for the Seahawks I have to admit that I'm relieved that they're out and I no longer have to care about football for the last two rounds.

As to the bracket thing, I would be very interested to see how such a bracket compares to our own effort some years ago.
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 02:36:39 AM »
Sorry I left out another relevant paragraph that came just before the one I pasted earlier:

Heading into the sophomore year of the network, BUZZR plans to create a story arc celebrating the 75th anniversary of the television Game Show genre.  The first game show to air on broadcast television was Truth or Consequences in 1941.  Since then, game shows have become a tried and true form of entertainment throughout the globe, with BUZZR being the one place that fans can experience the most comprehensive look at this entertaining 75-year history.  Standing the test of time, BUZZR allows fans to experience game shows through the decades – providing a time capsule featuring some of the best hosts, panels and contestants to appear within the genre. 
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

jimlangefan

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 12:47:34 PM »
Watching one of the 75th anniversary commercials last night, BUZZR also plans on doing a "We Lost It, You Found It" promotion. I'm assuming this would be something similar to the BUZZR Lost & Found week that was done last year.
TV's Big Dealer

dale_grass

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 03:52:33 PM »
Watching one of the 75th anniversary commercials last night, BUZZR also plans on doing a "We Lost It, You Found It" promotion. I'm assuming this would be something similar to the BUZZR Lost & Found week that was done last year.
Because of the words "lost" and "found"?

jimlangefan

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 05:45:07 PM »
Because of the words "lost" and "found"?

No because of the words "We", "You, and "It".
TV's Big Dealer

Thunder

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 10:40:17 PM »

Please explain your thought process on that.

The only way I can see "Us" finding something that BUZZR lost would end up being a TV camera on a computer screen playing YouTube old gameshow episodes.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 09:18:06 AM »
Back to the topic:

This Sunday 2/7 (Super Bowl), BUZZR is airing a 10-hour block of Family Feud starting at 1pm ET.  No word on what shows they will be airing, though it appears it will be the Cowboys/Cheerleaders week from the Dawson Era and then the AFC/NFC week from the Combs era.  My guess is they will run each one and then repeat it.  The Sunday night lineup still appears to be running in the late hours, starting at 11pm ET; not sure if they are new runs or not.  (For some reason, the Buzzr website listings seem to stop at 8pm ET on Saturdays and don't resume again until late Sunday or early Monday...not sure what the incompetence is there.)

Also, Zap2It is listing an interesting lineup on Valentine's Day from 1pm ET.  He Said She Said from 1-4pm; Tattle Tales from 4-6:30pm; Password at 6:30pm; Password Plus from 7-9pm; and Family Feud from 9-11pm.  Then the Sunday night lineup resumes at 11pm.

jimlangefan

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
Back to the topic:

This Sunday 2/7 (Super Bowl), BUZZR is airing a 10-hour block of Family Feud starting at 1pm ET.  No word on what shows they will be airing, though it appears it will be the Cowboys/Cheerleaders week from the Dawson Era and then the AFC/NFC week from the Combs era.  My guess is they will run each one and then repeat it.  The Sunday night lineup still appears to be running in the late hours, starting at 11pm ET; not sure if they are new runs or not.  (For some reason, the Buzzr website listings seem to stop at 8pm ET on Saturdays and don't resume again until late Sunday or early Monday...not sure what the incompetence is there.)

Also, Zap2It is listing an interesting lineup on Valentine's Day from 1pm ET.  He Said She Said from 1-4pm; Tattle Tales from 4-6:30pm; Password at 6:30pm; Password Plus from 7-9pm; and Family Feud from 9-11pm.  Then the Sunday night lineup resumes at 11pm.

The Valentine's Day special looks pretty good!!  Speaking of the Sunday Night lineup, by the one episode have listed for Sunday, it could be going back into repeats.  I hope it's not the case. 
TV's Big Dealer

jimlangefan

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 08:01:56 PM »
Here's the commercial for the Valentine's Day special.

TV's Big Dealer