Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NATPE 2016  (Read 9028 times)

aaron sica

Re: NATPE 2016
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 08:02:53 AM »
I wonder if the show will get ANOTHER host (hey, look what happened with Family Feud!) that could be suitable with the Hot Seat format.

Apples and Oranges.

calliaume

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »
Millionaire would be well off to actually update its web site.  Google lists it as the "Official site of the US syndicated version hosted by Meredith Vieira" while the site claims it airs daily on Chicago's WCIU (it doesn't - actually, I'm not sure any Chicago station airs the show anymore).

SuperMatch93

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 09:19:04 AM »
Millionaire would be well off to actually update its web site.  Google lists it as the "Official site of the US syndicated version hosted by Meredith Vieira" while the site claims it airs daily on Chicago's WCIU (it doesn't - actually, I'm not sure any Chicago station airs the show anymore).

It's currently on 26.2, which I think is TheUToo.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

calliaume

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 02:39:59 PM »
Not really a shocker (given that's what started the thread), but Meredith Vieira's show is officially no more.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/04/meredith-vieira-show-canceled

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 05:19:50 PM »
To be fair, Jeopardy was a lot behind at least when it came to one station listing. As recently as September it still said that they air on WMAR in Baltimore when they hadn't in almost four years following Scripps' dropping of it and Wheel. It looks as if between the time I last saw it and now, they have the right station listed.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »

That's not on Millionaire, that's on Google. The website's been updated as needed.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »
Sure, WWTBAM has seen format changes galore (the Shuffle Format, etc.) over the now-14 seasons in syndication, but if it gets renewed again, maybe The Powers-That-Be should consider getting rid of the traditional format and replace it with Hot Seat, which is a faster-paced version.

I could light a cigar faster with a flame thrower than I could with a Zippo. What's your point?

Millionaire Hot Seat has been around for eight series (as they call it) in Australia, and it's still doing OK. 

Temptation made four.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Thunder

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »

I could light a cigar faster with a flame thrower than I could with a Zippo. What's your point?

You're not welcome at our parties unless you stay outside with the bonfire.