Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going to LA in October...  (Read 5359 times)

Shredder

Going to LA in October...
« on: January 17, 2004, 11:25:46 AM »
I'm hoping to see my major show, TPIR in October, so I doubt that will be cancelled anytime soon.  But so many Gameshows have come and gone since  then, that it seems like TPIR is the only one le ft to see. No more Win Ben Steins Money, Millionaire was taping in New York with Regis, Hollywood Squares I saw taped in NY,  but wouldn't mind seeing again, only to hear it is now cancelled.  Pyramid seems to be up in the air, and that was on my list.  And I'm really hoping that Familly Fued with Al, Richard Karn can hold out a few more months.

Anyone think it'll be only TPIR that I'l lget a chance to see in October?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 11:43:01 AM »
Well, there's always Wheel and Jeopardy!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 07:41:08 PM »
Feud will prolly be taping this Fall, as it got renewed for season six. Street Smarts may get a season five, so that could be taping.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 07:44:51 PM »
Let's not forget about the GSN Originals, and the new Shop Til You Drop, hosted by JD Roberto.

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 08:14:55 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 07:44 PM\'] Let's not forget about the GSN Originals, and the new Shop Til You Drop, hosted by JD Roberto. [/quote]
 Does STYD even have an audience? And who knows if it or even PAX will be around next Fall. Only Whammy and RUssian Roulette among the most recent crop of GSN original shows had an audience, and it ain't likely either are coming back at this point :)

johnnya2k3

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 05:22:41 AM »
Does STYD even have an audience? And who knows if it or even PAX will be around next Fall.

Nope, Shop 'Til You Drop doesn't have an audience, as did/does Supermarket Sweep. But they use a lot of applause and cheering tracks though.

Of course, other than the aforementioned game shows that tape there (TPIR, Wheel, Jeopardy, Feud, Street Smarts), there's also Leno, Kimmel, Kilborn, and that new Ryan Seacrest show, but that's another story.

Man, thosee college folks that'll be hitting L.A. during Spring Break are gonna be TORN between TPIR and the other shows!

Jonathan Allen

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 09:52:25 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 05:22 AM\']
Does STYD even have an audience? And who knows if it or even PAX will be around next Fall.

Nope, Shop 'Til You Drop doesn't have an audience, as did/does Supermarket Sweep. But they use a lot of applause and cheering tracks though.

Of course, other than the aforementioned game shows that tape there (TPIR, Wheel, Jeopardy, Feud, Street Smarts), there's also Leno, Kimmel, Kilborn, and that new Ryan Seacrest show, but that's another story.

Man, thosee college folks that'll be hitting L.A. during Spring Break are gonna be TORN between TPIR and the other shows!

Jonathan Allen [/quote]
 Sweep USED to have an audience, but don't anymore, as per Randy West. At one time, they'd have an audience who would stay to see the pre-Big Sweep festivities for a few tapings, then they'd tape the sweeps without an audience IIRC, but they would show shots of the audience cheering during the Sweep.

STYD's FAM-era audience were people sitting at the little tables in some of the stores on the upper tier as I recall Heidi Cayn Friedman mentioning on Usenet at the time.

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 02:15:56 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 09:52 AM\']Sweep USED to have an audience, but don't anymore, as per Randy West. At one time, they'd have an audience who would stay to see the pre-Big Sweep festivities for a few tapings, then they'd tape the sweeps without an audience IIRC, but they would show shots of the audience cheering during the Sweep.[/quote]
The contestant pool, most likely.

And anyone else notice the pieces of reflective Mylar at the side of the audience section to try to make it look like there were more people in the "audience" than there were?  ("Name That Tune" '84 used the same trick.)

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 02:23:58 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 02:15 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 09:52 AM\']Sweep USED to have an audience, but don't anymore, as per Randy West. At one time, they'd have an audience who would stay to see the pre-Big Sweep festivities for a few tapings, then they'd tape the sweeps without an audience IIRC, but they would show shots of the audience cheering during the Sweep.[/quote]
The contestant pool, most likely.

And anyone else notice the pieces of reflective Mylar at the side of the audience section to try to make it look like there were more people in the "audience" than there were?  ("Name That Tune" '84 used the same trick.) [/quote]
 NTT84 seemed to have a percentage of its audience consisting of future(and former) contestants. I can recall seeing Michael Lagmay, the first aired TofC winner(after Elena Cervantes won the Super TofC), in the audience on shows from later in the season. Maybe Tammy can shed some light on this.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 12:23 PM\'] NTT84 seemed to have a percentage of its audience consisting of future(and former) contestants. I can recall seeing Michael Lagmay, the first aired TofC winner(after Elena Cervantes won the Super TofC), in the audience on shows from later in the season. Maybe Tammy can shed some light on this. [/quote]
 It was part of Jim's spiel at the start of the show. "All of our contestants have been pretested, and a number of them are sitting in our studio audience right now...looking for..."

At one point they even had a specific "Contestants" section.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 03:11:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 02:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 12:23 PM\'] NTT84 seemed to have a percentage of its audience consisting of future(and former) contestants. I can recall seeing Michael Lagmay, the first aired TofC winner(after Elena Cervantes won the Super TofC), in the audience on shows from later in the season. Maybe Tammy can shed some light on this. [/quote]
It was part of Jim's spiel at the start of the show. "All of our contestants have been pretested, and a number of them are sitting in our studio audience right now...looking for..."

At one point they even had a specific "Contestants" section. [/quote]
 Highlighted with one of the cheesiest signs I have ever seen. Of course, the set had a chintzy feel to it already. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2004, 03:15:04 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 03:11 PM\']
Highlighted with one of the cheesiest signs I have ever seen. Of course, the set had a chintzy feel to it already. :-) [/quote]
 Sandy Frank's photo appears under the words "cheesy" and "chintzy" in a game show dictionary.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2004, 05:22:10 PM »
Wait a minute.

I thought Sweep had an audience when Johnny Gilbert was announcing on both the Lifetime and PAX versions. They just removed the audience for the Big Sweep and the $5,000 Bonus Round.

First time I saw Sweep (Lifetime, Spring 1994; almost 10 years ago), they took the teams right from the audience.

zachhoran

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2004, 06:01:50 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 05:22 PM\'] Wait a minute.

I thought Sweep had an audience when Johnny Gilbert was announcing on both the Lifetime and PAX versions. They just removed the audience for the Big Sweep and the $5,000 Bonus Round.

First time I saw Sweep (Lifetime, Spring 1994; almost 10 years ago), they took the teams right from the audience. [/quote]
 I mentioned this earlier in this thread, Gameshowguy.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 05:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 05:22 PM\'] Wait a minute.

First time I saw Sweep (Lifetime, Spring 1994; almost 10 years ago), they took the teams right from the audience. [/quote]
I mentioned this earlier in this thread, Gameshowguy. [/quote]
 Oh, sorry.

I thought you just mentioned the PAX version, and not the Lifetime version.

(People probably forgot the Lifetime version by the time Sweep and STYD moved to PAX, although I didn't.)