Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An all new Match Game  (Read 7051 times)

Brandon Brooks

An all new Match Game
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 10:08:03 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:15 PM\'] I'll join you two.

And I AM 20 years old. I don't lie about my age. [/quote]
 You and Thad should have coffee with each other... Well, you just have the coffee.  I don't think Thad could handle it.

Brandon Brooks

gameshowguy2000

An all new Match Game
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 10:20:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:15 PM\'] I'll join you two.

You and Thad should have coffee with each other... Well, you just have the coffee.  I don't think Thad could handle it.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 Oh. Thank God you didn't confuse Thad with MARK Dixon, another Millionaire contestant.

I looked on Loog's old Millionaire page (http://loogaroo.tripod.com/gameshow/wwtbam/wwtbam.html), and interestingly enough, Zach was on MARK (not Thad) Dixon's show, 8/26/1999.

Mark got through the first 2 questions on Michael Shutterly's show, and on Zach's show, won $32,000 after missing the Hal March query ("The $64,000 Question").

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
An all new Match Game
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 10:27:51 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 06:11 PM\'] I'll pass that up too.

I don't know what the word "GAY" is referring to: Being happy, or something worse than being happy. [/quote]
 I'm starting to think I was wrong about Dixon.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

An all new Match Game
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2004, 10:34:21 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 10:20 PM\'] Oh. Thank God you didn't confuse Thad with MARK Dixon, another Millionaire contestant. [/quote]
 You don't, and perhaps will never, get it.

Brandon brooks

BrandonFG

An all new Match Game
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2004, 11:08:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 10:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:15 PM\'] I'll join you two.

[/quote]
 Oh, goodness, no...he's bad enough without coffee, or any other caffinated beverage...just give him water (or warm milk).

ObDrinking: I'll have a screwdriver.

ObGameShow: One of Randy Amasia's Whew! questions involved making a screwdriver.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

An all new Match Game
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2004, 11:26:53 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:08 PM\']ObGameShow: One of Randy Amasia's Whew! questions involved making a screwdriver.[/quote]
Right now I could do with a Holy Bartender.

ObGameSh....well, no, there really isn't one.

Whoserman: I hope you're watching this closely. This was you a year or so ago. You have improved a great deal since then.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
An all new Match Game
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2004, 11:42:11 PM »
Tolerant of gays but lets just say their sense of humor can be a lil ummm crude (if utterly funny).
This may come as a shock to some of the youngsters here, but Charles Nelson Reilly IS gay, you know. He lives with a MAN.

tommycharles

An all new Match Game
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 11:43:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 11:26 PM\'] Whoserman: I hope you're watching this closely. This was you a year or so ago. You have improved a great deal since then. [/quote]
 While some of the posts around here are nonsensical (Thad's "King World should start dumping shows until they can afford to keep H2" post), and some are just plain offensive ("something worse than that..."), I don't think you should make it seem like folks here have an obligation to adhere to some level of intelligence in the posts.

Imagine someone who is new on the board, and they see that because someone had an idea that isn't one shared with anyone else, or makes a post that is ... let's just say "not thought out", they get reamed. Not an ideal situation, IMO.

Give the newbies a chance, Chris...Whoserman has improved a lot, and Starkman has...not, but there's no reason to make people feel small until they get used to the level of dialogue around here.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
An all new Match Game
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2004, 12:12:31 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 11:43 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 11:26 PM\'] Whoserman: I hope you're watching this closely. This was you a year or so ago. You have improved a great deal since then. [/quote]
While some of the posts around here are nonsensical (Thad's "King World should start dumping shows until they can afford to keep H2" post), and some are just plain offensive ("something worse than that..."), I don't think you should make it seem like folks here have an obligation to adhere to some level of intelligence in the posts.

Imagine someone who is new on the board, and they see that because someone had an idea that isn't one shared with anyone else, or makes a post that is ... let's just say "not thought out", they get reamed. Not an ideal situation, IMO.

Give the newbies a chance, Chris...Whoserman has improved a lot, and Starkman has...not, but there's no reason to make people feel small until they get used to the level of dialogue around here. [/quote]
 Oh please.  A 6th grade level of intellegence should be acceptable.  If you're 20 and you think a "gay bar" means "happy bar".....well....I think I'll see your name at McFry university.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

An all new Match Game
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2004, 02:19:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 10:12 PM\'] If you're 20 and you think a "gay bar" means "happy bar".....well....I think I'll see your name at McFry university. [/quote]
 More to the point, if you're 20 and still pulling out the 3rd grade "But Gay Means HAPPY!" crap instead of bellying up to the 21st century and recognizing people for what and who they are, then you need to spend some time alone wondering what it might be like to one day kiss a girl. (Or a guy, if yer into that. :))

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
An all new Match Game
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2004, 02:54:55 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 09:15 PM\'] [quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 07:49 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 08:11 PM\'] I'll pass that up too.

I don't know what the word "GAY" is referring to: Being happy, or something worse than being happy. [/quote]
You're sure you're 20 years old and not 20 months old?  When I think I've heard every idiotic utterance from you, you always find a way to top yourself.

I'm joining Aaron in the TTD90 room, the one with 6" thick steel doors. [/quote]

I'll join you two.

Obviously you don't understand that they are trying to get away from you...perhaps we could lock you in solitary confiment with a never-ending tape of "You're In the Picture"?

Nahh...too harsh.

Seriously, you really should think over your posts before you hit "submit".  Each time you don't, you lessen what credability you have left.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tommycharles

An all new Match Game
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2004, 10:05:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 12:12 AM\'] Oh please.  A 6th grade level of intellegence should be acceptable.  If you're 20 and you think a "gay bar" means "happy bar".....well....I think I'll see your name at McFry university. [/quote]
 Let me clarify what I meant.

I wasn't at all refering to the gay/happy thing here. That was someone's stupid attempt at humor, and boy was that immature.

I was specifically talking about Chris' comment advising Whoserman to take note that he has improved from the type of posts made elsewhere in this thread. It came off to me as though Whoserman was expected to say "gee thanks, that means a lot", or something; which he shouldn't, at all.

Some folks around here seem to be annoyed when someone who hasn't been around long makes a stupid comment, or takes us to be slightly less obsessive than we are (see gameshowguy's comment in the thread about going to L.A., and Lemon's response). They'll figure it out, eventually. Don't sweat over it.

T

Brandon Brooks

An all new Match Game
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2004, 10:29:32 PM »
I wasn't at all refering to the gay/happy thing here. That was someone's stupid attempt at humor, and boy was that immature.
The sad part is that it really wasn't a humorous attempt.

Brandon Brooks

aaron sica

An all new Match Game
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2004, 10:49:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 10:29 PM\'] The sad part is that it really wasn't a humorous attempt.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 I still have a hard time comprehending how someone 20 years old cannot know that, unless they are so shielded from the world, more than you and I could possibly comprehend.

clemon79

An all new Match Game
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2004, 11:08:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jan 18 2004, 08:05 PM\'] It came off to me as though Whoserman was expected to say "gee thanks, that means a lot", or something; which he shouldn't, at all.
 [/quote]
 I agree completely, and that wasn't my intent. I was just pointing something out. I didn't expect a reply, appreciative or otherwise.