Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: weirdest game show dream you've had while sleeping  (Read 13953 times)

trainman

Re: weirdest game show dream you've had while sleeping
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2016, 12:30:05 AM »
'Tis extremely rare that I dream about someone right after seeing them, but I had a dream involving Natasha Lyonne the night after seeing her as a celebrity on "Pyramid." There was no game show content to the dream, though. And "weird" is not the first adjective I'd use to describe it.
trainman is a man of trains

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2016, 04:20:15 PM »
I wasn't going to mention this because it's vaguely embarrassing.  My board game collection is, for all practical purposes, complete, but I still remember fondly the pre-Ebay days of finding this rare game or that at a thrift store or antique mall.  I have a recurring dream where I'm at such a place (never exactly the same place) and find they have a large number of game show games, including some that I didn't know existed.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »
Matt, I have had the same dream. Mine had home versions of Caesars Challenge, 4th 5th and 6th Editions of the Price is right, and Box editions of Lange Name That tune.
insert signature here

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »
Mine had home versions of Caesars Challenge

Did it have the ball cage for the endgame? The Test-ti-klees action figure?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 08:39:32 AM »
Another one I had as a young child (at the age of 4 or 5) was seeing the Dice Game table (and dice) in my dining room. I was crushed when I woke up and found that it was not there. :)

BrandonFG

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 11:59:23 AM »
So last night/this morning, I dreamt I was back in school, and my teacher was Chris Hardwick. Instead of giving us an assignment, he played a Hashtag Wars game, and the category was something about "Rejected Holidays". My answer of "Spanksgiving" didn't get too many laughs...

/Much better than the school dream I usually have
//Gotta save "Spanksgiving" for the real life Hashtag Wars
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »
Had another one a couple nights ago. Dreamt NBC put on a new show at 2:05 am, right after Carson Daly.

I use the word "new" loosely, because in that time slot, NBC aired reruns of Wordplay from 30 years ago. :P

/I'd totally stay up to watch in real life
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 08:02:01 PM »
Had another one a couple nights ago. Dreamt NBC put on a new show at 2:05 am, right after Carson Daly.

I use the word "new" loosely, because in that time slot, NBC aired reruns of Wordplay from 30 years ago. :P

/I'd totally stay up to watch in real life

Not that far-fetched.  Prior to Carson Daly, "Later" was showing SCTV reruns from the 70's-80's.  This was early 2000's.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2017, 08:13:36 PM »
Not that far-fetched.  Prior to Carson Daly, "Later" was showing SCTV reruns from the 70's-80's.  This was early 2000's.
Forgot all about that. IIRC, they were the half-hour reruns Nick-at-Nite showed in the late-80s, with the intro edited out.

trainman

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2017, 11:13:29 PM »
Forgot all about that. IIRC, they were the half-hour reruns Nick-at-Nite showed in the late-80s, with the intro edited out.

Before Nick at Nite, they were in syndication in the early-to-mid-1980s. If I recall correctly from closed-captioning some of those NBC airings, that original intro was replaced by one with "Friday Night" host Rita Sever doing a voiceover: "Tonight, 'Later' presents 'SCTV.'"
trainman is a man of trains

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2017, 11:45:17 PM »
Recently, I decided to start making notes of my dreams in a log.  I scoured through my log and the most recent dream I had was a new "big money" primetime show called "Ice Freezing Cold" where losing contestants were doused in ice water.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:45:59 AM by Dbacksfan12 »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chad1m

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 12:16:16 AM »
I've had two dreams in the last year where Scrabble reruns were scheduled on TV - once GSN, once TBS.

I've had multiple dreams about being on game shows. I once played Wheel of Fortune with my grandmother but was in distress because my vision waas blurry.
I was once pulled out of the audience to replace a Jeopardy! contestant, even though I had already played the game. I was told to just make sure I didn't win.

My favorite was when I was in a Wheel of Fortune contestant audition that was outside for some reason. We were supposed to play as if we were on the show, calling letters in the puzzle. I had my turn and called a letter that was already shown. They were about to skip me, but I apologized, told them I'm sorry and I was nervous and asked if I could have another shot. They let me. I proceeded to then call no less than three consecutive letters in quick succession also already shown in the puzzle.

BrandonFG

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 03:21:49 PM »
If I recall correctly from closed-captioning some of those NBC airings, that original intro was replaced by one with "Friday Night" host Rita Sever doing a voiceover: "Tonight, 'Later' presents 'SCTV.'"
Yep...instead of showing the SCTV credits, it was simply still shots from the syndicated intro, of each cast member, with Rita's V/O.

/The closing remained untouched

CeleTheRef

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »
The other night I dreamt that I was in the audience of a Press Your Luck pilot here in Italy.

It was for a two-hour primetime slot, so there was a lot of padding.

The format was quite different: there were 10 contestants, and the first player to buzz in with the correct answer would take one spin, or pass it to someone else. After the spin and subsequent extra spins, it was time for a new question.  Contestants were out at the first Whammy, but they were told that they still had a chance to win the game later.

The board looked like the real PYL one except all the values were in the four digits.

whewfan

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 09:18:31 PM »
I had a dream I was on TPIR, Bob hosted. Another related TPIR dream, I was watching the show, and Kermit the Frog made a guest appearance demonstrating and describing the item up for bids. I believe I also had a dream I watched TPIR and Bob announced it would be the last show, years before he really did retire. Of course I never imagined that I would come down to CBS to witness this last show live. I also had a dream once that I saw my Mom on Let's Make a Deal. I guess I should say that my Mom has NEVER been on a game show, and LMAD would probably be one of her last choices. By coincidence, one of the TPIR episodes that aired on GSN from the half hour run had a "Linda Kaiser" (she was "Kaiser" then)