Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Easiest Game Show Ever"  (Read 8704 times)

byrd62

"Easiest Game Show Ever"
« on: October 12, 2015, 03:19:55 PM »
No, I'm not posing that question.  It's the actual title of a new pop-culture trivia game coming early next year to where else but Pop (formerly TV Guide Channel).

http://deadline.com/2015/10/pop-culture-trivia-based-game-show-nigel-lythgoe-gail-berman-easiest-game-show-ever-1201577221/

Kniwt

Re: "Easiest Game Show Ever"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 04:26:43 PM »
There are several other more likely nominees for that distinction.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »
So we have the "Easiest Game Show Ever", while the UK has the exact opposite, "The Almost Impossible Game Show".  (NSFW video)

MrBuddwing

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 09:07:30 PM »
OK, not really to the point, but in hindsight, I think "The Hollywood Squares" was perhaps the lowest-effort game show as far as the contestants were concerned. It was the celebrities who did all the heavy lifting in terms of coming up with answers and witty comebacks; all Mr. X or Miss O had to do was "agree" or "disagree."

Thunder

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 10:56:19 PM »
"Hosted by Michael Ian Black" wasn't very reassuring to me.

JakeT

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 11:28:54 PM »
There are several other more likely nominees for that distinction.

Utterly painful!

JakeT

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:45:49 PM »
  Pop TV has announced its premiere date: January 22.

http://poptv.com/easiest_game_show_ever

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

alfonzos

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 01:44:39 AM »
FWIW, I watched back-to-back episodes and enjoyed playing along.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

BillCullen1

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 04:03:47 PM »
I stumbled on this show by complete accident while channel flipping. The other day two guys went home with a grand total of $30. A nice and simple show that makes me feel superior to the contestants.  The Marx Brothers were actually not related. TRUE  Really? To their credit, they changed their answer later.

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 09:20:28 AM »
A father and son team won $70,000 on this recently.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 05:37:37 PM »
Hypothetical question:  What if on the last decision, you have answered all 6 remaining statements correctly?  The final decision is one fact is correct and the other isn't.  What happens if there are no incorrect answers left?

I like this show even though it's going to be run in the ground before too long, with reruns every weekday at 9:30 AM...for a series with 6 shows done thus far.  Didn't see today's rerun?  Wait a week!

weaklink75

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »
Hypothetical question:  What if on the last decision, you have answered all 6 remaining statements correctly?  The final decision is one fact is correct and the other isn't.  What happens if there are no incorrect answers left?

I like this show even though it's going to be run in the ground before too long, with reruns every weekday at 9:30 AM...for a series with 6 shows done thus far.  Didn't see today's rerun?  Wait a week!

I'd suspect they'd say "either both of them are right, or both of them are wrong" so they still could change their original answer...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »
Not many other game shows have a prize scale that could have contestants leaving with $30 or $70,000. A Variety article says a $100,000 prize would be awarded for 15 of 20 right answers but doesn't mention how the game is played other than it's a true-or-false quiz. Is there any more meat on the bone than that?
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 11:17:48 PM »
Is there any more meat on the bone than that?

For a new game show in 2016, it is shockingly watchable.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 11:39:15 PM »
Maybe it's easier to follow on screen than what was written on the Wikia page (how could it not be?) but it does seem that it might be served better as something closer to a standard issue ladder climb. How does a team win thirty bucks, more specifically than being very unlucky in their judgments?

There was a true/false game that came with the AfterDark screen saver pack, where you would score points for correct judgments and consecutive groups of three-in-a-row as well as piling up bonus seconds but damned if I can remember the name of it.
Travis L. Eberle