Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Pick & Play Sweepstakes and New Schedule  (Read 39591 times)

BrandonFG

Re: BUZZR Pick & Play Sweepstakes and New Schedule
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »
FWIW, I snicker'd at said rhyme... :-)

Meanwhile, the complaints on FB shouldn't surprise me. Just wish my area could get Buzzr.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Johnissoevil

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2015, 12:10:10 AM »
Meanwhile, the complaints on FB shouldn't surprise me. Just wish my area could get Buzzr.

That's my response to the complainers.  Be happy you even have Buzzr, some of us are still hoping a local affiliate will ever even pick it up.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2015, 03:26:39 AM »
I'm certainly glad to finally have it. I get my Blockbusters, Card Sharks, and What's My Line back, plus the 70s Let's Make a Deal eps I grew up watching (and which, quite frankly, I prefer to the more colorful 80s edition) and Match Game. Plus, I get to see a little more Child's Play and have been seeing my first episodes of Tattletales even if they have been from the early days. (Didn't get GSN until much later)

Kinda wish Buzzr would put The Name's the Same in the Buzz 'til Dawn lineup. Of those panel games, I always found that to be the most fun.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Sodboy13

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2015, 10:48:24 PM »
This is the second week of the new Sunday schedule, right? Because I think they just aired episodes #2 and #1 of Double Dare, in that order, again.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLdude

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2015, 11:31:16 PM »
This is the second week of the new Sunday schedule, right? Because I think they just aired episodes #2 and #1 of Double Dare, in that order, again.

Those weren't the eps they aired last week, right?

Sale appears to still be airing in order.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

snowpeck

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2015, 11:59:39 PM »

Those weren't the eps they aired last week, right?

Sale appears to still be airing in order.
Last week was #4 and #3.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2015, 12:45:12 AM »
Apparently Beat the Clock went backwards too. The first episode of the night was the one that should've aired in the proper order, but the second one looks like it aired during Lost and Found. (I'm just amazed that every time they played that Hanky Panky game, Monty never brained himself with that tetherball. He used to get that thing whippin', lemme tell ya.

EDIT: Sodboy was half right. The first episode of Double Dare picked up where last Sunday's second episode left off, while the premiere followed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:04:51 AM by PYLdude »

dheine1971

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2015, 08:19:10 AM »
I thought the Double Dare episode with the first $5,000 Spoilers Bonus Round win (with Laverne and Shirley as the subject) was new to BUZZR.

I hope as long as BUZZR keeps going for at least 1 more month this Sunday lineup may be short lived.

PYLdude

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:15 AM »
Okay, everything seemed to be airing in order this time as Sale wrapped up week one and started week two, Beat the Clock was at least airing consecutive episodes, and Double Dare picked up with champion Joel Palmer's second ("?) day.

But everything didn't go as smoothly, again. The first Sale episode showed the final segment in place of the second Fame Game/third Instant Bargain segment, cut that off just as the speed round came to a conclusion, then showed the same segment again in full when they came back from commercial.

Minor annoyances, certainly, but you would like to think they got their stuff together by now.

BrandonFG

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 01:48:48 AM »
I thought the Double Dare episode with the first $5,000 Spoilers Bonus Round win (with Laverne and Shirley as the subject) was new to BUZZR.

I hope as long as BUZZR keeps going for at least 1 more month this Sunday lineup may be short lived.
1. Wouldn't hurt to use a spoiler next time.
2. Will you please stop with the predictions about how long this network will be around?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 09:11:33 AM »
1. Wouldn't hurt to use a spoiler next time.
2. Will you please stop with the predictions about how long this network will be around?

• There are no spoiler expectations on a 40 year old game show's broadcast, especially one that's been on Youtube for like five years.  Some of your frustration is being aimed at who wrote this, and not what was written.  Save it for the things he writes that deserve it.
  • Yeah, this part deserves it.  The "it's gonna die in a month" gets old really quick.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

BrandonFG

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »
Fair enough. I always figured the show is new to someone and having seen spoilers on older shows before, figured it was warranted here. Point taken.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2015, 12:13:00 AM »
  • There are no spoiler expectations on a 40 year old game show's broadcast, especially one that's been on Youtube for like five years.  Some of your frustration is being aimed at who wrote this, and not what was written.  Save it for the things he writes that deserve it.
But apparently there are spoiler expectations for episodes from 1985:
http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,27265.msg336936.html#msg336936

The DD reveal doesn't bother me because I don't pull in the subchannel. Spoilers of things that I intend to watch that evening that are first-run bother me a little if they're not confined to Show Summaries. Notice that in the A/V section that most people don't reveal an outcome, but comment about other things that are interesting in the video. I believe that most of those folks have a similar compass to me: use common sense and be polite. It's not perfect and no one is bound to abide that, but the fact that most people choose to do so improves the experience for all concerned. Saying that something happened on some rerun is obviously not the end of the world, but for me it falls down at the hurdle I laid out.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2015, 12:31:53 AM »
But apparently there are spoiler expectations for episodes from 1985:
http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/topic,27265.msg336936.html#msg336936

Yeah, you really shouldn't point to the thread where the OP said "don't spoil" and then spoiled in the same sentence as an example.  I don't think anyone cared that he spoiled, just that he was kinda silly while doing so.  That our kinda silly posters are also our most frequent spoilers is a source of frustration for many people for a variety of reasons.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2015, 12:46:15 AM »
Will you please stop with the predictions about how long this network will be around?

Yeah, this part deserves it.  The "it's gonna die in a month" gets old really quick.
Agreed, totally. Boo hoo, they're not running this network the way you want it, so the logical reply is to wish death on the network and stymie the whole attempt at keeping the classics alive. Smart.

Then again, I'm shocked that girl who was shouting and condemning GSN for months about dropping Sale isn't singing gospel from the rooftops like she used to. Maybe she mellowed out finally. Bottom line: Like many other circumstances, I don't envy the people working in this field one bit for the decisions they have to make.

Also find it a little wild that there was that one guy who ripped into the FB page about the Sunday lineup taking away the B&W's, and now today, they started doing B&W in the afternoon. Makes me feel like with as small an audience/clearance as they have, one voice sounds a lot bigger it would be otherwise. Hopefully, that won't give other people ideas, though I'm sure it has long before I said it.

Back on topic, yeah, airing's been a little odd for the lineup in these first 3 weekends:
Clock: 2, 1, 3, pilot, 4, 5
Dare: 2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6
Sale: Only one going in order, but 5 had that round error on both runs last night (at least GSN showed that, so we have a complete show in some combination). Also, anyone else notice that we still have to work around people who don't know how to stop for a second to think, "Hey, this is a 40 year old game show, that contestant phone number doesn't work."
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now