Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon expands retro programming, includes game shows again  (Read 9434 times)

Kevin Prather

Re: Nickelodeon expands retro programming, includes game shows again
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:41 PM »
Makes massive amounts of sense, seeing as they recruited park guests as contestants, didn't they?
Could have done. I think I've read a contestant account saying that since park guests were the audience, it wasn't uncommon to do the temple run with no audience at all.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 10:15:20 PM »
Makes massive amounts of sense, seeing as they recruited park guests as contestants, didn't they?

It makes sense for any show with standalone episodes and massive set changes -- I know the most recent version of "American Gladiators" did it (and wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was true of the original), as did Nickelodeon's "Webheads" and the first season of "Family Game Night."

I was just observing that they had to bring the two winning contestants back to the studio on a different day for their Temple Run (because the production wouldn't have stopped to switch out rooms in the middle of the day).

Kevin Prather

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 10:17:38 PM »
I was just observing that they had to bring the two winning contestants back to the studio on a different day for their Temple Run (because the production wouldn't have stopped to switch out rooms in the middle of the day).

What are the chances that the temple run we saw was a reshoot after something went wrong the first time?

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 10:18:30 PM »
There's no way they would have done the reshoot with a different Temple, is there?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »
There's no way they would have done the reshoot with a different Temple, is there?
If they changed the temple in the time in between the first run and deciding to invite the team back, sure they would.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 10:20:39 PM »
What are the chances that the temple run we saw was a reshoot after something went wrong the first time?
Very high. On the first day of taping there were lots of things being ironed out. At least two Temple Games were re-shot because the contestants didn't play according to the rules set out. (In one case it was climbing the soap ramp using just handholds and not using your feet, in another case the contestants had to navigate a jungle of wood obstacles while holding a log on their shoulders. One of the kids kept dropping his log requiring a pickup.)

And then there's all the times that Kirk fumbled his lines. The temple runs on that first day were recorded as Universal Studios was closing for the evening.
Travis L. Eberle