Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Confirmed: Squares is canceled  (Read 5594 times)

BrandonFG

Confirmed: Squares is canceled
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 07:14:27 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 05:42 PM\'] Indeed. :-) And to her few remaining fans, at least her show got 1 more year after that 11th-hr. deal w/the Tribune station group for the 02-03 season...personally, I think she should've ended it after the Scott Amedure murder 9 yrs ago, but oh well...
 [/quote]
 I remember that last-minute renewal. Hopefully, Pyramid can receive the same fate. I feel the show has its flaws, but I do like it enough to where I feel it could stay on the air.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 08:17:38 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 04:42 PM\']
I had plum forgotten all about the lady whose talk show resulted in a murder until I read your post one minute ago. Which proves your point about how she's just vanished--and it's no loss.

Indeed. :-) And to her few remaining fans, at least her show got 1 more year after that 11th-hr. deal w/the Tribune station group for the 02-03 season...personally, I think she should've ended it after the Scott Amedure murder 9 yrs ago, but oh well...

ObGameShow: Jenny was a contestant on MG, TPiR, and PYL.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Jenny was on TPIR? You sure?

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2004, 09:20:55 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 08:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 04:42 PM\']
I had plum forgotten all about the lady whose talk show resulted in a murder until I read your post one minute ago. Which proves your point about how she's just vanished--and it's no loss.

Indeed. :-) And to her few remaining fans, at least her show got 1 more year after that 11th-hr. deal w/the Tribune station group for the 02-03 season...personally, I think she should've ended it after the Scott Amedure murder 9 yrs ago, but oh well...

ObGameShow: Jenny was a contestant on MG, TPiR, and PYL.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
Jenny was on TPIR? You sure? [/quote]
 I don't recall exactly if or when Jenny Jones was on TPIR, but Janet Jones, AKA Mrs. Wayne Gretzky, was on the show in 1983.

Toeth

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 12:20:56 AM »
Sadly, it didn't come as a surprise to me after following it's dwindling ratings.

I don't know what it was about the past 2 seasons, to me, it just lost a chuck of it's feel. I'm not a fan of the current bonus round either.

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 11:40:03 AM »
I remember that last-minute renewal. Hopefully, Pyramid can receive the same fate. I feel the show has its flaws, but I do like it enough to where I feel it could stay on the air.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. :-) And if Jenny Jones got a last-min. renewal w/such lackluster ratings, you'd think a show like Pyramid, which is pulling decent numbers, can do the same.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")