Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Make a Deal on Buzzr-Thursday night question  (Read 4541 times)

gsfan85

Let's Make a Deal on Buzzr-Thursday night question
« on: July 25, 2015, 11:39:50 AM »
Hey everyone,

I noticed on one of Thursday night's Let's Make a Deal episodes, that when Monty went around offering contestants to trade to go for the Big Deal, he skipped over a couple who took the sure thing of $500, and went straight to a woman who had gotten zonked.

At first I thought, maybe there was something edited, but it didn't look like it.

Has anyone else ever seen Monty skip over contestant(s) that should have been asked if they wanted to go for the Big Deal?  Seemed oddly unfair to me, since I would assume if all you won was $500, that you would go for the Big Deal.

Thanks!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: Let's Make a Deal on Buzzr-Thursday night question
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »
Some zonks are actually kinda expensive.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

SuperMatch93

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »
Some zonks are actually kinda expensive.

A couple weeks ago, there was an episode in which one of the deals included something that was hinted at being worth "at least $3,000", which turned out to be a zonk (five sousaphones). It wasn't won, but Monty probably would've went to them first for the Big Deal.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »
Do you know how much elephants cost?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

trainman

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »
Do you know how much elephants cost?

KBBL's gonna give me something stupid!
trainman is a man of trains

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »
I've seen a couple of episodes on Buzzr where it appears that Monty doesn't go in order. I'm approximating the numbers here, but I saw one where he allowed a contestant who won $900 in prizes into the Big Deal, then asked one of two different contestants who had each won the same $1,100 deal if she wanted to play (thereby shutting out the other $1,100 winner).

Usually when this happens, it seems like it involves the contestant who just completed the deal before the Big Deal solicitations, so my theory is that the staffer in charge of tracking winnings didn't get their cards in the correct order.