Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Todd Newton to host Miss USA  (Read 11671 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Todd Newton to host Miss USA
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 05:04:49 PM »
and Maybe Todd can host a revival of PYL.

Oh for fark's sake.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »
Todd looks like a spoiled heir of some fortune who was arrested for public urination and indecent exposure.

I guess Trump demanded someone look sleazier than him so he could feel good about himself at night, and Todd got the short straw.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
Sigh, I guess it's my turn to pile-on...

If you can't say anything nice, put imgur in your filter's blacklist.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 06:44:51 PM »
I think Todd Newton could work as a good host for Miss USA, If he's good then I hope CBS will get the rights to the MUO and Maybe Todd can host a revival of PYL.

Yup, all part of the Master Plan.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »
I think Todd Newton could work as a good host for Miss USA, If he's good then I hope CBS will get the rights to the MUO and Maybe Todd can host a revival of PYL.

Yup, all part of the Master Plan. 

Todd will make the finalists play games from Family Game Night   ;)

BillCullen1

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »
So did anyone catch this? I saw on the news that a couple of the finalists got tripped up on questions about political correctness and race relations.

colonial

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 12:11:29 PM »
So did anyone catch this? I saw on the news that a couple of the finalists got tripped up on questions about political correctness and race relations.

My wife and I stumbled onto this last night, and watched about 30 minutes or so before giving up.  We didn't have a clue that we had Reelz on our cable system, but we had been watching Nick Jr. with our daughter before putting her to bed, and Reelz happened to be a few slots north of Nick Jr. on our cable dial.

Todd Newton seemed to be the only person on stage who had the slightest clue what to do.  He was poised, confident and did what he could to hold the trainwreck together.  His co-host, a former "Miss Wisconsin USA", spent most of her time spewing out random thoughts that appeared to pop in her head (After two contestants shared the "Miss Congeniality", she talked about how the two winners wore yellow for 20 seconds).   They also spent a ungodly amount of time speaking with the last-minute judges panel, consisting of ex-Miss USAs and Universes (One chat concerned an ex-Miss USA competing on the Lebanese version of DWTS.  This went on for what seemingly felt like four hours).

90% of the ads had to do with Reelz -- shows on Reelz, how to advertise on Reelz, where to find the Reelz website, etc.  Based on the ads I saw, Reelz programming apparently consists of ...

-- Celebrities dying in gruesome ways
-- Average people dying in gruesome ways
-- Kids throwing dodgeballs squarely at Master P's crotch

And whatever that latter show is doesn't start airing until November, so you have months to avoid it at all costs.

The lone "highlights" of the telecast included ...

-- Miss Nevada nearly falling on her face during the evening gown competition (Todd's co-host was wise to note that "the gowns are heavy")
-- A rapid-fire series of interviews with ex-Miss USAs where you learn winning the crown can lead you into the exciting worlds of modeling, commercials, and commercial modeling.
-- Shanna Moakler demonstrating the "after" face of Botox overdosing

JD
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:46:46 PM by colonial »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
90% of the ads had to do with Reelz -- shows on Reelz, how to advertise on Reelz, where to find the Reelz website, etc.  Based on the ads I saw, Reelz programming apparently consists of ...

-- Celebrities dying in gruesome ways
-- Average people dying in gruesome ways
Reelz was devoted to the movie industry before it turned into what you saw.  Leonard Maltin had a show on Reelz for a while.

More recently, they aired reruns of comedies from the 80s and 90s, including Cheers, Wings, and Coach.  Three to four years ago, they aired Carson's Comedy Classics from the early 80s along with the show biz stuff.

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 01:25:28 PM »

And whatever that latter show is doesn't start airing until November, so you have months to avoid it at all costs.

Are you kidding? Master P getting hit in the sack repeatedly? I'll watch the *hell* out of that.

That Don Guy

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »

Todd Newton seemed to be the only person on stage who had the slightest clue what to do.  He was poised, confident and did what he could to hold the trainwreck together.  His co-host, a former "Miss Wisconsin USA"

I assume by the quotes that you don't understand why they didn't just call her a former "Miss Wisconsin."

It's to distinguish her from the Miss Wisconsin Scholarship Pageant (i.e. "Miss Wisconsin in the Miss America Pageant") winners.  In fact, "Miss {insert state name here} USA" appears to be a registered trademark.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 01:10:02 PM »
Reelz was devoted to the movie industry before it turned into what you saw.  Leonard Maltin had a show on Reelz for a while.

More recently, they aired reruns of comedies from the 80s and 90s, including Cheers, Wings, and Coach.  Three to four years ago, they aired Carson's Comedy Classics from the early 80s along with the show biz stuff.
Also, it was Reelz who reluctantly picked up the miniseries "The Kennedys" after the History channel turned it down.

clemon79

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 01:17:59 PM »
Also, it was Reelz who reluctantly picked up

What, was someone holding a gun to their head?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
Also, it was Reelz who reluctantly picked up

What, was someone holding a gun to their head?
Is that really the best phrase to use when talking about a Kennedy? :-)

JakeT

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
Three to four years ago, they aired Carson's Comedy Classics from the early 80s along with the show biz stuff.

Yeah, I think I DVR'd all of the eps of CARSON'S COMEDY CLASSICS while they were airing on REELZ...sad to watch another niche cable  channel go down the toidy...

JakeT

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »
Three to four years ago, they aired Carson's Comedy Classics from the early 80s along with the show biz stuff.

Yeah, I think I DVR'd all of the eps of CARSON'S COMEDY CLASSICS while they were airing on REELZ...sad to watch another niche cable  channel go down the toidy...

JakeT
Even though they reran the heck out of those ~65 shows, old Carnacs and El Mouldos are always funny.

(Weren't there two seasons?  I recall shows on The Family Channel almost 20 years ago with a 1984 copyright date, while Reelz aired only '83 shows.)