Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Family Feud Discussion  (Read 39271 times)

That Don Guy

Re: Celebrity Family Feud - Families Announced
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2015, 10:28:14 AM »
Note about the second game in the 6/21 episode:
It seemed to me like the second player's final Fast Money answer was well after the buzzer, but the host allowed it.  Fortunately, it wasn't necessary; I can only imagine how S&P would have handled it, assuming the answer was accepted.  Yes, I realize they bend the rules a little for charity games (e.g. how the other contestants can help with the answers before the guaranteed minimum is reached on Celebrity Millionaire), but that would have been pushing it.
Celebrity Feud has always been pretty lenient about the time. I've seen it happen on a Dawson episode, particularly when Jim Perry couldn't think of a brand of mouthwash (Richard: "You look into a micro___"). Pretty sure I've seen it once or twice with other hosts.

It would be pretty bad television if the team has 199 points, and they can't play the last question for $25K because time ran out. :P
I saw the replay, and noticed a cut between the buzzer and when the last answer was given, so I am assuming she was told that she could give an answer (which does make sense).

And who else saw the NFC vs AFC game (speaking of which, I noticed in the credits that the players may have been selected by the NFL Players Association) and had a flashback to the ABC daytime ep where a contestant broke the plunger?

Also, it turns out the Blue Cheese / "he be dressing" line about Steve Harvey goes back to at least December 2013.

Mr. Armadillo

Re: Celebrity Family Feud Discussion
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2015, 02:19:50 PM »
Interesting to note that both games ended in the Double round this time.

Also, this has to be the mildest case of Mo' Money in primetime history.  Obviously, Fast Money for $20,000 isn't good enough for primetime, so the celebs are playing for...$25,000?  Okay.  I did get a kick out of Steve saying TEN MILLION DAMN DOLLARS at one point, though.

"See, while y'all're trying to be politically correct, this is Family Feud!"  I think that quote from Steve last night pretty much sums up the state of the show.

BillCullen1

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2015, 09:12:22 AM »
On last week's  CFF, Garry Marshall looked pretty much the same. Penny looked older and was hunched over.

They ran a marathon of the three eps of CFF previously aired. This happened on Saturday, 7/11. They're promoting tonight's episode (7/12) with Niecy Nash and the Duck Dynasty family.

Thunder

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2015, 12:34:31 AM »
Penny Marshall is 71 years old. She's entitled to be hunched over.

BillCullen1

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:59 AM »
Penny Marshall is 71 years old. She's entitled to be hunched over.

Absolutely agreed. It was just an observation. It wasn't meant as a criticism toward Penny.

cmjb13

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2015, 09:26:22 AM »
I know it's wrong, but the first thing I thought when I saw Penny Marshall is that she ate Cindy Williams.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

That Don Guy

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »
Pardon me for being the Obsessive Compulsive Pedantic one this time, but did they ever mention what Niecy Nash's charity was?  They did mention at the end of the first game that Cheryl Hines's charity was United Cerebral Palsy.

EDIT: Why, yes...yes, they did - Burton mentioned it when he introduced the family at the start of the show
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:27:44 AM by That Don Guy »

JakeT

Re: Celebrity Family Feud - Families Announced
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 06:15:14 PM »
Only problem with MTM is that Mary Tyler Moore is reportedly nearly blind. She may not want to be on TV in her condition.

Yes, because sight is the most important facility needed for Family Feud.  I hear (see what I did there) blindness has completely disfigured her.

Naughty Pookums!  <swatting you on the nose with a newspaper>  <what's a newspaper?>

JakeT

JakeT

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
I know it's wrong, but the first thing I thought when I saw Penny Marshall is that she ate Cindy Williams.

I swear that I said, "well, it looks like Laverne ate Shirley"...:)

JakeT

BillCullen1

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2015, 12:48:05 PM »
The episode tonight (7/19) features Holly Robinson Peete and Bill Engvall.

BillCullen1

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »
Next week's finale on July 26 features Vicki Lawrence, Ed Asner and Mario Lopez.

Fedya

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2015, 09:11:42 PM »
The night the lights went out on Celebrity Family Feud.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

chrisholland03

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2015, 09:44:08 AM »
Next week's finale on July 26 features Vicki Lawrence, Ed Asner and Mario Lopez.

One of these things is not like the others...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »
Mario Lopez will be playing against Joey Lawrence.  And while those pairings make sense, it's a shame no one had enough of a sense of humor to have Joey Lawrence go up against Vicki Lawrence.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JakeT

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2015, 09:23:52 PM »
Mario Lopez will be playing against Joey Lawrence.

WHOAAAA! :)

JakeT