Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Fabulous, 60-Minute Three on a Match Game '04  (Read 7262 times)

PeterMarshallFan

The Fabulous, 60-Minute Three on a Match Game '04
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2004, 07:40:50 PM »
Let's not forget National Lampoon's Funny Money Maze. ;-)

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2004, 08:00:33 PM »
Funny you should work the idea of re-using a game board - a strange mix of High Rollers and Tic Tac Dough came to mind - use the Wink-era board to start with High Rollers - each screen with a number, clear a column and win a prize (or go back to the old days - a prize behind each number). First players A and B play High Rollers. 2 out of 3 match. Say B wins. Two new players, C & D, play another game of High Rollers. C wins. B and C win the right to face off in Tic Tac Dough.
The big problem here is that if you have 12 tie games of TTD, you'll go days without playing Rollers. Horrible idea, but I was trying to figure out how to utilize the same props like HS/MG Hour. It's no worse than another idea: crossing elements of LINGO with PYRAMID or PASSWORD PLUS. Six Pyramid-type subjects in the traditional setting. Players try to guess what subject is in each box by playing a round of LINGO. Each 5-letter LINGO word would be a clue to the subject. Say we start with the subject in the lower left $50 box. Then imagine playing LINGO and getting each of these words: CROSS BEADS SAINT WAFER POPES. If any time a word is guessed someone guesses the subject - "Things in the Catholic Church", they win the box, the money, and play goes on to the next box. When all six boxes are guessed, the team with the most cash wins the game. The obvious problem is - how on earth would you have enough clues that are only five letters long?

Is there codeine in this cough syrup...?????

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2004, 09:35:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Justin30519\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 05:37 PM\'] I expect to see this as a GSN original some time in 2004!
 [/quote]
 Um, yeah, you just keep on waiting, there.....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

trainman

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 12:22:14 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 10:38 AM\'] Wheel first with 3 new contestants, then Jeopardy! with the champion of the previous day vs. the top two winners of Wheel. [/quote]
 "...as always, they'll face our 'Jeopardy!' champion, a former lawyer, whose (yawn) 164-day cash winnings total $4,132,750..."
trainman is a man of trains

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 12:01:35 PM »
The only hybrid that for me would be feasible from a theme and ownership standpoint would be "Gambit" and "High Rollers"

And Las Vegas Gambit kinda brought elements of HR to the former when they switched to the latter's Big Numbers round for the bonus.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

alfonzos

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 03:38:40 PM »
Catch Phrase and Concentration. Steve Ryan are you lurking?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Jay Temple

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 10:19:19 PM »
I don't pretend that this would be a hit, but I always wanted to combine my two favorites, Pyramid and J!.  Four players, no celebs, play two games of Pyramid, with each winning team splitting the winnings for that game.  The player who loses both games is out.  The other three play Jeopardy!, and they're spotted the amount they won in the Winners' Circle.  The player who won both games gets to choose first.  (No returning champions, in current Sony fashion.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2004, 10:33:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 11:19 PM\'] I don't pretend that this would be a hit, but I always wanted to combine my two favorites, Pyramid and J!.  Four players, no celebs, play two games of Pyramid, with each winning team splitting the winnings for that game.  The player who loses both games is out.  The other three play Jeopardy!, and they're spotted the amount they won in the Winners' Circle.  The player who won both games gets to choose first.  (No returning champions, in current Sony fashion.) [/quote]
 I'm not thrilled with combining those two particular shows, but I give a tip of the cap to you for the simple and clear way you go from a two-teams-of-two game to a three individuals game.  You've got a seed of an idea there that you might want to let grow into something.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2004, 11:17:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 08:33 PM\'] I'm not thrilled with combining those two particular shows, but I give a tip of the cap to you for the simple and clear way you go from a two-teams-of-two game to a three individuals game.  You've got a seed of an idea there that you might want to let grow into something. [/quote]
 I have to admit, that _is_ really damn clever.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2004, 11:28:13 PM »
What two game shows would make a good hybrid?

Zooventure and Everything Goes.

How would you combine them?
What would you do for a bonus round?

I suspect that answering these questions would violate Eligibility Requirement #5. ;-)

Who would you get to host each segment?

Anyone but J.D. Roth.

- David

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2004, 01:36:33 AM »
I'll try to make this fast, but y'all gotta figure someone who calls himself the GameTweaker (Pat. Pending, or maybe Pat Sajak) would have something to add to this thread...

In brief:

1) Three or four contestants play a Fastest Finger question (heck, "Millionaire" ain't using it)

2) Winner of the Fastest Finger plays a hybrid of Art James' "Blank Check" and Indian Poker with the hundredths-of-seconds digit of all the contestants' times (with variations from two digits to three / four, low-to-high, high-to-low, contestants only seeing own digit, or seeing all digits EXCEPT their own... and I said this was gonna be brief?!?!?)

3) Bonus round is a spinoff of... well, "Spin-Off," with all ten digits (0 - 9) in each column instead of six, object to get a zero in each column (if four columns, "0-0-0-0" = $10,000, if five*, "0-0-0-0-0" = $100,000) in sixty seconds (Hmmmm... "Zero to Sixty"?  "Zero Minute"?)

Esoteric Eric, the GameTweaker (Pat. Pending... Patti Deutsch?); I'd have a tournament format rather than defending champs (winners go to a Friday Final for a spot in a future T of C and *a shot at $100,000 in the bonus.)  I dunno who'd host it; maybe Donny Osmond?

Edited only for a couple of typing errors...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 01:42:20 AM by Esoteric Eric »
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

GS Warehouse

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2004, 01:15:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:36 AM\'] 1) Three or four contestants play a Fastest Finger question (heck, "Millionaire" ain't using it) [/quote]
 How about this: a series of Fastest Finger questions; the winner plays the Wonderwall.  Maybe I should pitch this to Celador.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2004, 02:23:03 PM »
That would be nice, Jason!

Then again, that idea is better than mine!

Jay Temple

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2004, 08:06:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 10:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 08:33 PM\'] I'm not thrilled with combining those two particular shows, but I give a tip of the cap to you for the simple and clear way you go from a two-teams-of-two game to a three individuals game.  You've got a seed of an idea there that you might want to let grow into something. [/quote]
I have to admit, that _is_ really damn clever. [/quote]
 Thank you.  That would mean a lot coming from either one of you.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2004, 10:10:20 PM »
How 'bout Password+Pyramid?  

It could probably even be done in half an hour:
2 celebs and 2 civilians play Password Puzzles; best of three wins.  (For time purposes, at least puzzle #3 would need shortening--maybe just 3 clue words.)  Losing civilian is dismissed; winning civilian challenges the returning champion in a standard game of Pyramid.  Bonus game is--what else?--the Winner's Circle.

Alternately, have 4 civilians play Password; winning team is then split apart.  Each player becomes the partner of a celeb for the Pyramid half.  Pro: no returning champs; con: no celeb interest in the first half.
czambo@mac.com